title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can dBpoweramp preserve original file timestamps when converting?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BMWBig6
    • Jul 2015

Can dBpoweramp preserve original file timestamps when converting?

I'd like to convert both individual and batch files using the right-click context menu. I noticed that the converter obviously assigns the present date and time to the new converted files. Is there a setting (or command switch) that forces the new file to take on the old date and timestamp from the original source file? This would be a really great feature (and possibly already incorporated but I just can't find it yet). I'm using Windows 7 NTFS file system in case it matters, and already have a utility called "Change Attributes" to manually edit the date and timestamp after the fact, but I'm looking for the ability to preserve this information during the conversion process so I don't have to manually edit it later (saving a step in the process).

Thanks in advance!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can dBpoweramp preserve original file timestamps when converting?

There is a DSP effect 'Preserve Source Attributes'
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BMWBig6
      • Jul 2015

Re: Can dBpoweramp preserve original file timestamps when converting?

Originally posted by Spoon
      There is a DSP effect 'Preserve Source Attributes'
      Perfect! I knew it had to exist somewhere. Thank you very much for the fast response! I tested it and it works as designed!

Comment

Working...

]]>