title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Why won't a FLAC file burned to CD play?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • helder
    • Nov 2017

Re: Why won't a FLAC file burned to CD play?

Originally posted by garym
    nero can burn an audio CD, other programs exist as well. The key bit of info is that copying a FLAC file to a CD-ROM will *not* turn that CD-ROM into an audio CD that plays in a regular CD player.

Curious: Why the need to play back a copy of the CD once you have the FLAC files? Do you have something connected to your home stereo that can play FLAC (and car stereo, etc.). Just curious....

is that a question for me, garym? i think he wanted that in the first place,,,a audio cd and not a cd rom? am i wrong?

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by helder
      is that a question for me, garym? i think he wanted that in the first place,,,a audio cd and not a cd rom? am i wrong?
      No. Just confirming what you said and adding a bit. This was for the other person.

Comment

• metalhead64
        • Jun 2015

nero can burn an audio CD, other programs exist as well. The key bit of info is that copying a FLAC file to a CD-ROM will *not* turn that CD-ROM into an audio CD that plays in a regular CD player.

Curious: Why the need to play back a copy of the CD once you have the FLAC files? Do you have something connected to your home stereo that can play FLAC (and car stereo, etc.). Just curious....
        No. Just confirming what you said and adding a bit. This was for the other person.
        I was looking to burn copies of my original CD to keep in different vehicles and to keep my original disc in perfect condition. Probably old school tendencies from years past of keeping vinyl records in perfect condition by recording to cassettes. Man, I just dated myself!

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by metalhead64
          I was looking to burn copies of my original CD to keep in different vehicles and to keep my original disc in perfect condition. Probably old school tendencies from years past of keeping vinyl records in perfect condition by recording to cassettes. Man, I just dated myself!
          I did the same with vinyl and cassettes back in the day so I could play in the car. (Heck, I taped albums on to 8-track tapes so I could play in car...that's really dating myself!). I understand the motivation now. Of course, I haven't played a CD in a car in at least 10 years. I used to hook up my ipod to car stereo. Now I just play music from my iphone via bluetooth through my car stereo. I still buy lots of CDs. But I open them, rip them to FLAC, read the booklet, then file away, hopefully never to be opened again until someone throws them out or gives them to charity when they clean out my house after death, the same way people trash old cassettes today.

Comment

Working...

]]>