title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

No tracks displayed after updating to Asset UPnP v5

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • badmood
    • Jan 2014

No tracks displayed after updating to Asset UPnP v5

Hi,
    I'm using Plinius Arataki controller for iPad which uses a 'search based' interface to the server as opposed to the common 'browse based' interface used in PlugPlayer etc.
    After updating to Asset V5 there is now nothing showing in the tracks view.
    Artist and Album load incredibly fast, so I'm really pleased about this, but tracks view shows nothing at all.
    I've forwarded the log from Arataki to Plinius also so they can look at it on their side, but updating Asset was the only change.
    How can i resolve this?

I downloaded "AssetUPnP-Windows-reg.exe" through registration portal, not AssetUPnP-Windows.exe trial version.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by badmood; 07-04-2015, 11:59 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: No tracks displayed after updating to Asset UPnP v5

On the Asset Configruation page, it shows the Tracks and Albums count?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• badmood
      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
      On the Asset Configruation page, it shows the Tracks and Albums count?
      Yes, track count and album count both correct.

Just installed Asset R5 on another PC and have the same problem.
      Running as local account - Track count and album count both correct, but no tracks displayed in what Plinius call 'Search view' of Arataki controller. Tacks display correctly in the 'browse view' of the same controller.
      Running as service - 0 tracks, 0 albums even though library path is the same as for local account. I haven't resolved this yet.
      Last edited by badmood; 07-05-2015, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• badmood
        • Jan 2014

Ok, I have done more testing.
        When I install R4.3 over R5 i still have the same problem - no track view in Plinius Arataki App.
        When I uninstall Asset completely and Install R4.3 it is all OK - track view working as expected.
        When I update to R5 beta13 (without uninstalling R4.3), the problem returns.
        I also notice the Artist name is blank in the 'now playing' window. This seems to be the Artist field of the ID-Tag in R4.3, but is Album Artist field in R5? In R4.3 'now playing' always shows the artist name. in R5 only files that have Album Artist completed in the ID-Tag show n artist name.
        here are screenshots to show what Plinius App is like. It is a search-mode based controller, with browse-mode (like most controllers) as secondary function.
        001.jpg - R4.3 - queue loaded on left with 'now playing' window showing album cover art, track, artist and album. Tracks view loading.
        002.jpg - R4.3 - queue loaded on left with 'now playing' window showing album cover art, track, artist and album. Tracks view fully loaded
        003.jpg - R5 beta13 - queue loaded on left with 'now playing' window showing album cover art, track, and album - no artist showing. Tracks view not loading.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	292948Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	292949Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	292950

If you want to know more about Plinius Arataki, please PM me.
        Last edited by badmood; 07-07-2015, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

R5 uses a different database, if the track and album count are showing on the configuration page, then try a 3rd party control point to browse asset, it could be that the Arataki is caching the old R4 database.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• badmood
            • Jan 2014

I have tested R5 trial on a PC that has no previous version of Asset.
            On main PC I have checked metadata, refreshed all, restarted Asset, rebooted all devices on the network, but nothing has fixed the problem. when I install R4.3 over R5, the problem also exists, so I had to uninstall R5 then reinstall R4.3 for track view to work.
            Arataki 'browse mode' shows everything correctly, the same as PlugPlayer. It's like Arataki 'Search mode' appears to get no response from Asset when it requests the tracks. Albums and artists are returned correctly.

I can see that Arataki 'now playing' window shows 'album artist' information in the artist label. if the ID-Tag has no album artist and only artist field, it is blank in Arataki now playing window.

I will try to get logs to Plinius, but having a separate problem with logging in Arataki. Plinius recommned Asset UPnP, so very much want ot fix these issues. R5 loads so fast and i really want to use it.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Ok, enable Asset debug (on the configuration page, restart Asset) then do 1 search, then go back and view the log, please email the contents:

Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

R5.1 should fix this issue, it is in testing here:

Changes: Search: fixed a regression from R4, where search was not triggered (and some players with built in control points, would not list any tracks or albums) Returned container ids are now always < 32 characters, previously they would expand to many more which caused issues on a handful of control points. Code to request
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>