title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How to Download Qnap NAS package from website

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnPx
    • Jun 2015

How to Download Qnap NAS package from website

I am trying to download the QNAP R4.5 from the Illustrate web page to my Windows PC so I can then install on my NAS. When I click on the "Install Release R4.5" item I get a pages full of code displaying.

What am I doing wrong?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How to Download Qnap NAS package from website

Your web browser must be set wrong, it should offer to save the file not display it, try a different browser.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JohnPx
      • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Spoon
      Your web browser must be set wrong, it should offer to save the file not display it, try a different browser.
      I do downloads from the web often without issue with current browser. I clicked on the Asset "Install Release 5" for Windows version hyperlink on the same page (http://www.dbpoweramp.com/asset-upnp-dlna.htm) as the QNAP item and it displays the prompt which asks if I want to download a file as normal.

Have you tried the link yourself?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The download link is served through an ASP.NET action, this action puts a HTTP header in:

Content-disposition: attachment; filename=[somefilename]
        Content Type: application/octet-stream

Everyone uses it and it works all the time, unless the web browser is configured wrong. See:

Introduces how to change the default behavior to raise a file download dialog box for known MIME types to save a file in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JohnPx
          • Jun 2015

I have tried downloading it with the Chrome browser rather than my normal IE and has worked ok.

Thanks for you assistance.

Comment

Working...

]]>