title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Use "accurateripresult from ID tag"

dBpoweramp Guru

Use "accurateripresult from ID tag"

What is the implication of ticking "Use AccurateRipResult from ID tag" in the settings? For example, when I transfer a batch of files from one HDD to another, I run PerfectTunes AccurateRip on the transferred files (as an extra check on the files not being corrupted by transfer, etc.). But with the "use AR result from tag" checked, does PerfectTunes no longer actually check the file and instead just read the tag AR value and *assume* the underlying audio is OK and matches the AR data?

Administrator

Re: Use "accurateripresult from ID tag"

Correct, in your instance you would want it unchecked.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Correct, in your instance you would want it unchecked.
    Hi

I found this thread in my attempt to understand better what PerfectTunes R2 Beta 5 does. And as soon as I unticked the box and rescanned, I suddenly had 49 CDs with ripping errors, eventhough these were files that had been ripped Accurately with DBPowerAmp 15.x. I checked the files with Foobar2000, and it says the files are ok. See the below files

PERFECTTUNES R2 output
    Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill
    Track 1: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC E04F1ECF] D:\Public\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\01 - All I Really Want, Alanis Morissette.flac
    Track 2: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC BBB27781] D:\Public\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\02 - You Oughta Know, Alanis Morissette.flac
    Track 3: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC FAA521F8] D:\Public\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\03 - Perfect, Alanis Morissette.flac
    Track 4: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 6030CC4E] D:\Public\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\04 - Hand In My Pocket, Alanis Morissette.flac
    Track 5: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 1F713612] D:\Public\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\05 - Right Through You, Alanis Morissette.flac
    Track 6: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 41979886] D:\Public\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\06 - Forgiven, Alanis Morissette.flac
    Track 7: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 90E9CBB1] D:\Public\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\07 - You Learn, Alanis Morissette.flac
    Track 8: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 76888F6A] D:\Public\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\08 - Head Over Feet, Alanis Morissette.flac
    Track 9: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC EF02E8C3] D:\Public\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\09 - Mary Jane, Alanis Morissette.flac
    Track 10: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 82136D66] D:\Public\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\10 - Ironic, Alanis Morissette.flac
    Track 11: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 512AD01E] D:\Public\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\11 - Not The Doctor, Alanis Morissette.flac
    Track 12: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 9D75A182] D:\Public\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\12 - Wake Up, Alanis Morissette.flac
    Track 13: Track InAccurate D:\Public\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\13 - You Oughta Know (Alternate), Alanis Morissette.flac

METADATA TAG info
    Attachment 635

FOOBAR2000 Output
    Attachment 636

So, I guess my question is how good files suddenly became bad files?
    Last edited by PepsiCan; 07-01-2015 at 03:51 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

your attachments are not valid so can't see them.

Administrator

>Track 1: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200,

This verified it as accurate. You are running the latest Beta version?

dBpoweramp Guru

>Track 1: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200,

This verified it as accurate. You are running the latest Beta version?
    It is his track 13 that is showing as inaccurate.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    your attachments are not valid so can't see them.
    Here they are again

Metadata.JPG

And the Foobar one
    Foobaroutput.JPG

dBpoweramp Guru

OK. Got them now. Spoon will have to comment on why an AR match initially, but not with PerfectTunes.

p.s. your foobar2000 picture just shows that the file is not corrupted. PerfectTunes didn't say it was corrupted, just not a match (different things). You can use the File Integrity checker in foobar2000 to also run an AR match (but you have to select ALL the album files, right click > utilities > then choose the AR check option).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    OK. Got them now. Spoon will have to comment on why an AR match initially, but not with PerfectTunes.

p.s. your foobar2000 picture just shows that the file is not corrupted. PerfectTunes didn't say it was corrupted, just not a match (different things). You can use the File Integrity checker in foobar2000 to also run an AR match (but you have to select ALL the album files, right click > utilities > then choose the AR check option).
    When I do that with this album I get:

"No such disc found in the AccurateRip database.
    Please make sure you have selected a complete disc rip with correct track order.
    If the disc contains hidden tracks, you can only verify it through a matching cuesheet with hidden track information intact."

The album plays fine btw.
    Last edited by PepsiCan; 07-02-2015 at 03:41 PM.

Administrator

I release an update to R2 PerfectTUNES beta in the next 2 weeks, it will show the AccurateRip disc ID for the export, it is interesting to see if it matches the one on the file.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I release an update to R2 PerfectTUNES beta in the next 2 weeks, it will show the AccurateRip disc ID for the export, it is interesting to see if it matches the one on the file.
    Hi Spoon

First of all, I have to complement you and Gary on the fact that you always respond and take the reported item seriously. It as an Asset to your software (pun intended!). That said, I ran a little experiment. My reported reported case concerns a file that is by now at least 6 months old so it is not beyond comprehension that somehow it did get corrupted. As an aside, it would highly puzzle me as to how that happened as my files are fairly secure on read-only drives.

Anyway, I did the following test.
    1) Re-rip the CD to a separate location using DBPowerAmp 15.3 (original rip was with DBP 15.1)
    2) Verify it with Foobar2000 1.3.8
    3) Verify it with PerfectTunes R2 Beta 5

The results are:
    1) Perfect! AccurateRip at level 200! No problemo :-)
    2) Oops. Same message as previously in Foobar2000
    3) PerfectTunes reports only 11 out of 13 tracks as Accurate. Now not only track 13, but also track 1 is not Accurate. Both files play fine in Foobar2000

So, I'm beginning to suspect this is a problem in both Foobar2000 and PerfectTunes. That's sort of a relief to me as it means my files don't mysteriously get corrupted. But we do now need to understand why PerfectTunes cannot confirm the DBPowerAmp result.

I hope this helps you somewhat.

Here the PerfectTunes output.
    Track 1: Track InAccurate D:\Public\Music Rips\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\FLAC01-All I Really Want, Alanis Morissette-1.flac
    Track 2: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC BBB27781] D:\Public\Music Rips\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\FLAC02-You Oughta Know, Alanis Morissette-1.flac
    Track 3: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC FAA521F8] D:\Public\Music Rips\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\FLAC03-Perfect, Alanis Morissette-1.flac
    Track 4: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 6030CC4E] D:\Public\Music Rips\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\FLAC04-Hand In My Pocket, Alanis Morissette-1.flac
    Track 5: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 1F713612] D:\Public\Music Rips\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\FLAC05-Right Through You, Alanis Morissette-1.flac
    Track 6: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 41979886] D:\Public\Music Rips\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\FLAC06-Forgiven, Alanis Morissette-1.flac
    Track 7: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 90E9CBB1] D:\Public\Music Rips\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\FLAC07-You Learn, Alanis Morissette-1.flac
    Track 8: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 76888F6A] D:\Public\Music Rips\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\FLAC08-Head Over Feet, Alanis Morissette-1.flac
    Track 9: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC EF02E8C3] D:\Public\Music Rips\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\FLAC09-Mary Jane, Alanis Morissette-1.flac
    Track 10: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 82136D66] D:\Public\Music Rips\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\FLAC10-Ironic, Alanis Morissette-1.flac
    Track 11: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 512AD01E] D:\Public\Music Rips\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\FLAC11-Not The Doctor, Alanis Morissette-1.flac
    Track 12: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 9D75A182] D:\Public\Music Rips\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\FLAC12-Wake Up, Alanis Morissette-1.flac
    Track 13: Track InAccurate D:\Public\Music Rips\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\FLAC13-You Oughta Know (Alternate), Alanis Morissette-1.flac

Also, kindly observe that the AccurateRipResult is identical to the original rip.
    Metadata2.JPGMetadata2.JPG

dBpoweramp Guru

I'm not using the PerfectTunes beta. But I too can report that I've seen some examples where PerfectTunes doesn't give me a match after the fact even though the CD was ripped with AR and initially had a match. But I can't provide any examples of this at the moment (in the past, I followed up with additional checking and the files were fine, so I didn't really pursue any questions).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by PepsiCan View Post
    Hi Spoon

First of all, I have to complement you and Gary on the fact that you always respond and take the reported item seriously. It as an Asset to your software (pun intended!). That said, I ran a little experiment. My reported reported case concerns a file that is by now at least 6 months old so it is not beyond comprehension that somehow it did get corrupted. As an aside, it would highly puzzle me as to how that happened as my files are fairly secure on read-only drives.

Anyway, I did the following test.
    1) Re-rip the CD to a separate location using DBPowerAmp 15.3 (original rip was with DBP 15.1)
    2) Verify it with Foobar2000 1.3.8
    3) Verify it with PerfectTunes R2 Beta 5

The results are:
    1) Perfect! AccurateRip at level 200! No problemo :-)
    2) Oops. Same message as previously in Foobar2000
    3) PerfectTunes reports only 11 out of 13 tracks as Accurate. Now not only track 13, but also track 1 is not Accurate. Both files play fine in Foobar2000

So, I'm beginning to suspect this is a problem in both Foobar2000 and PerfectTunes. That's sort of a relief to me as it means my files don't mysteriously get corrupted. But we do now need to understand why PerfectTunes cannot confirm the DBPowerAmp result.

I hope this helps you somewhat.

Here the PerfectTunes output.
    Track 1: Track InAccurate D:\Public\Music Rips\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\FLAC01-All I Really Want, Alanis Morissette-1.flac
    Track 2: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC BBB27781] D:\Public\Music Rips\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\FLAC02-You Oughta Know, Alanis Morissette-1.flac
    Track 3: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC FAA521F8] D:\Public\Music Rips\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\FLAC03-Perfect, Alanis Morissette-1.flac
    Track 4: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 6030CC4E] D:\Public\Music Rips\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\FLAC04-Hand In My Pocket, Alanis Morissette-1.flac
    Track 5: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 1F713612] D:\Public\Music Rips\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\FLAC05-Right Through You, Alanis Morissette-1.flac
    Track 6: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 41979886] D:\Public\Music Rips\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\FLAC06-Forgiven, Alanis Morissette-1.flac
    Track 7: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 90E9CBB1] D:\Public\Music Rips\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\FLAC07-You Learn, Alanis Morissette-1.flac
    Track 8: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 76888F6A] D:\Public\Music Rips\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\FLAC08-Head Over Feet, Alanis Morissette-1.flac
    Track 9: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC EF02E8C3] D:\Public\Music Rips\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\FLAC09-Mary Jane, Alanis Morissette-1.flac
    Track 10: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 82136D66] D:\Public\Music Rips\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\FLAC10-Ironic, Alanis Morissette-1.flac
    Track 11: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 512AD01E] D:\Public\Music Rips\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\FLAC11-Not The Doctor, Alanis Morissette-1.flac
    Track 12: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 9D75A182] D:\Public\Music Rips\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\FLAC12-Wake Up, Alanis Morissette-1.flac
    Track 13: Track InAccurate D:\Public\Music Rips\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\FLAC13-You Oughta Know (Alternate), Alanis Morissette-1.flac

Also, kindly observe that the AccurateRipResult is identical to the original rip.
    Metadata2.JPGMetadata2.JPG
    Hi

I just reran my tests with Beta 7. I get four types of error messages that I cannot explain. In all cases, the album was originally ripped acurately.

1) "Cannot check: incomplete album". This despite the fact that all the tracks of the album are present. See the screenshot of the Skunk Anansie album.
    Stoosh_incomplete.jpg

2) "Cannot Check: Track Different Length Than CD Original". Again, the album was ripped accurately. The only thing I can think of is that the DSP for cutting off silent parts of the album plays a roll. But on this AC/DC album there is nothing like that. Can the error message be improved to at least highlight the tracks that display the symptom?
    Code:
    AC/DC - High Voltage   [AccurateRip DiscIDs: 009-000fc139-00729e5e-650a6609]        Cannot Check: Track Different Length Than CD Original
      Track 1: D:\Public\Music\AC-DC\High Voltage\01 - It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock 'n' Roll), AC-DC.flac
      Track 2: D:\Public\Music\AC-DC\High Voltage\02 - Rock 'n' Roll Singer, AC-DC.flac
      Track 3: D:\Public\Music\AC-DC\High Voltage\03 - The Jack, AC-DC.flac
      Track 4: D:\Public\Music\AC-DC\High Voltage\04 - Live Wire, AC-DC.flac
      Track 5: D:\Public\Music\AC-DC\High Voltage\05 - T.N.T., AC-DC.flac
      Track 6: D:\Public\Music\AC-DC\High Voltage\06 - Can I Sit Next to You Girl, AC-DC.flac
      Track 7: D:\Public\Music\AC-DC\High Voltage\07 - Little Lover, AC-DC.flac
      Track 8: D:\Public\Music\AC-DC\High Voltage\08 - She's Got Balls, AC-DC.flac
      Track 9: D:\Public\Music\AC-DC\High Voltage\09 - High Voltage, AC-DC.flac
    3) Ripping errors when there are none. I already gave an example earlier where a perfect rip with DBPoweramp was on a subsequent check with AccurateRip immediately flagged as not being accurate. The accurate rip DiscID on all tracks is identical to the one in the log.

HTML Code:
    Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill   &*91;AccurateRip DiscIDs: 013-00199001-010130c4-b10d7a0d&*93;
      Track 1: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 &*91;ARv2 CRC E04F1ECF&*93;  D:\Public\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\01 - All I Really Want, Alanis Morissette.flac
      Track 2: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 &*91;ARv2 CRC BBB27781&*93;  D:\Public\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\02 - You Oughta Know, Alanis Morissette.flac
      Track 3: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 &*91;ARv2 CRC FAA521F8&*93;  D:\Public\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\03 - Perfect, Alanis Morissette.flac
      Track 4: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 &*91;ARv2 CRC 6030CC4E&*93;  D:\Public\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\04 - Hand In My Pocket, Alanis Morissette.flac
      Track 5: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 &*91;ARv2 CRC 1F713612&*93;  D:\Public\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\05 - Right Through You, Alanis Morissette.flac
      Track 6: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 &*91;ARv2 CRC 41979886&*93;  D:\Public\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\06 - Forgiven, Alanis Morissette.flac
      Track 7: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 &*91;ARv2 CRC 90E9CBB1&*93;  D:\Public\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\07 - You Learn, Alanis Morissette.flac
      Track 8: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 &*91;ARv2 CRC 76888F6A&*93;  D:\Public\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\08 - Head Over Feet, Alanis Morissette.flac
      Track 9: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 &*91;ARv2 CRC EF02E8C3&*93;  D:\Public\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\09 - Mary Jane, Alanis Morissette.flac
      Track 10: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 &*91;ARv2 CRC 82136D66&*93;  D:\Public\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\10 - Ironic, Alanis Morissette.flac
      Track 11: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 &*91;ARv2 CRC 512AD01E&*93;  D:\Public\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\11 - Not The Doctor, Alanis Morissette.flac
      Track 12: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 200, Pressing Offset +0 &*91;ARv2 CRC 9D75A182&*93;  D:\Public\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\12 - Wake Up, Alanis Morissette.flac
      Track 13: Track InAccurate  D:\Public\Music\Alanis Morissette\Jagged Little Pill\13 - You Oughta Know (Alternate), Alanis Morissette.flac
    4) I find that on occassion I get random corrupt file messages. I have two identical libraries. One being the back up of the other. I get these messages more frequently with files on the NAS than on the hdd. So, perhaps a bandwith issue. When I rescan, the file will be fine. Also, Foobar2000 does not flag the file as corrupt.
    No corruption.jpg

If you need more information, please let me know. Thank you for your help!

Administrator

2) Audio CDS always have a minimum track interval, that is based on sectors of 2352 bytes each. That means if your tracks are not this exact length, then they have been altered in some way, perhaps silence was removed from the track. Either way the track is no longer matching a track off a CD.

3) Do you have the log entries for both perfecttunes and dBpoweramp?

4) This might also relate to *1, the tracks are read in a simple fashion, there is no way for PerfectTUNES this wrong (it matters not if the files are on a local HDD or network share, they are still read the same way), however it is known that certain NAS do not deliver the files correctly if under high load. You are best to copy the tracks to your local system then try a full rescan.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

2) Audio CDS always have a minimum track interval, that is based on sectors of 2352 bytes each. That means if your tracks are not this exact length, then they have been altered in some way, perhaps silence was removed from the track. Either way the track is no longer matching a track off a CD.
    So, when DPA rips should I assume that it compares that rip to the database prior to applying any DSP thingies like "Silence Track" removal etc?