title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can't get DSP effects to appear in DBPoweramp

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tbng
    • Jun 2015

Can't get DSP effects to appear in DBPoweramp

I have downloaded (from within DBPoweramp) and executed - apparently successfully - DSP Effects R11. I want it primarily to rip HDCDs properly for playback using JRiver 20 v.115, but no DSP selections ever appear in DBPoweramp. "Load" appears in the DSP tab, but that step finds nothing in its search for *.depeffects. I am confused. This appeared to be a simple install, but it's not installing.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can't get DSP effects to appear in DBPoweramp

It is likely you are installing a 32 bit dsp effects into a 64 bit dBpoweramp. Uninstall all dBpoweramp related programs then retry installation, all to the same folder.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tbng
      • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Spoon
      It is likely you are installing a 32 bit dsp effects into a 64 bit dBpoweramp. Uninstall all dBpoweramp related programs then retry installation, all to the same folder.
      That would make sense. But shouldn't there be a 64 bit version of Power Pack? I am seeing nothing of that sort on the Illustrate web site.

Comment

• tbng
        • Jun 2015

Well, I got this to work, but it ain't purtty. The Add DSP / Action tab is greyed out, but I ran HDCD.exe from a command line. I can't believe that's how it's intended to work. I presume HDCD.exe is in effect until I log out of . . . what? dBpoweramp? Or must I reboot? It doesn't hurt anything to rip a 16 bit CD to 24 bit, although it is pointless.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Which version of Windows do you have, is it 32 or 64 bit?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>