title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How do I have program automatically create an artist folder and disc title subfolder

How do I have program automatically create an artist folder and disc title subfolder

When I rip in Windows Media Player, an artist folder and a disc title folder is created and then the rips are stored in the subfolder for the disc title. If another disc by the same artist is ripped, the program creates another subfolder for that disc and stores those rips in that second subfolder and so on. The artists folder is not overwritten or duplicated, once created. Note that you may have a folder like "The Beatles" and "The Beach Boys", alphabetized under "T" instead of "B", but you fix that after all the rips are done and later on, you might have to just move a ripped disc that is back under "T" to your corrected name.

Getting back, EAC just rips the songs and I have to manually create the folders and move the ripped files. I am pretty sure I have just not set things up right. How do I get the rip to create the artist folder, if it is not already present, and then create a new folder for the disc, without me having to do it manually?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: How do I have program automatically create an artist folder and disc title subfol

are you asking how to do this in EAC or dbpa? In dbpa, just set the "path" and "naming" to do that. In the naming row (lower left side of ripper screen), click on SET, then in that screen next to the "naming" string select DEFAULT. This should do what you want automatically.

Re: How do I have program automatically create an artist folder and disc title subfol

In the bottom left hand side of the CD Ripper window there is an entry called "Naming". This tells CD Ripper how to arrange and name any ripped tracks.

If you click the "Set" button you can change the current setting. There have been various postings with instructions on what is needed.

BTW Which version of dBpowerAMP do you have?

Right now, I just have EAC. I did want to ask how much dbpoweramp costs in total. I would want it and the related programs that check accuracy on a database and find missing artwork. I think it is all one price. How much is it in total?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by we_doyle View Post
    Right now, I just have EAC. I did want to ask how much dbpoweramp costs in total. I would want it and the related programs that check accuracy on a database and find missing artwork. I think it is all one price. How much is it in total?
    You want the bundle for reference version plus PerfectTunes. The US bundle is:
    https://secure.dbpoweramp.com/store_purchase.aspx?p=11

If you're outside US, you'll probably see the correct page for you. just go at the top of this forum page and click on Purchase. Then you'll see the page for purchasing the Bundle (assuming you have a Windows machine). dbpa and perfecttunes is the best $$$ I've spent related to my digital audio needs!