title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Settings backup

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • schmitty
    • Mar 2010

Settings backup

Hi Spoon,

Is there a way I can backup my settings, so I can restore them when I reformat my laptop?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Settings backup

For which program?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BrodyBoy
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by schmitty
      Hi Spoon,

Is there a way I can backup my settings, so I can restore them when I reformat my laptop?
      dBp provides no way to do this.....on ongoing complaint for me and many others around here. :( Many of us need this function, though, as we replace computers over the years, and we've had to resort to messing with the registry. If you have extensively-customized profiles, and you're comfortable working in the Windows' registry, you open the registry and export those keys (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\ CDRipper\Profiles)....then, import them into the new installation (after installing dBp). If you have a customized Genres list, that's a text file located in roaming AppData that you can simply save and then paste to the same location in the new install.

For the umpteenth time....it's ridiculous and utterly ass-backwards that we still have to do this stuff just to move a program in 2015......

Comment

• schmitty
        • Mar 2010

dBPoweramp Reference

Comment

Working...

]]>