title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: [album artist] not working in Album Art Import

[album artist] not working in Album Art Import

Hey,

I hope this is not a repost...

When using the 'DSP effect' ID Tag Processing to import the artwork of the album I cannot use the tag [album artist] in defining the file name of the picture. [artist] however works perfectly fine.
    Is there another tag for that purpose? Or how can I define filenames, that contain the album artist, not the artist (e.g. in a compilation)?

thanks!

Background:
    I am converting my flacs to mp3, where the album art is saved in the format of
    'album artist - album.jpg' or 'album artist - album.png'
    dBpoweramp did not get it automatically, so I use said 'DSP effect' to get the album art into the mp3 file. I set the 'importart' option to "[album artist] - [album].jpg"
    As there are some compilations in my collection, I tried to be smart and use [album artist] instead of [artist]. [album artist] results in mp3 without album art, [artist] works fine as long as I am not converting said compilations and artist and album artist are consequently the same.
    What confuses me, is that the [album artist] tag works fine when e.g. defining the output filename of the mp3-file.

full commands
    working for non-compilations:
    -dspeffect1="Folder.jpg Preserve= -ext={qt}.jpg; .png{qt}" -dspeffect2="ID Tag Processing=-case={qt}0{qt} -exportart={qt}(none){qt} -importart={qt}[artist] - [album].jpg{qt} -maxart={qt}(any){qt} -maxartkb={qt}(any){qt} -arttojpg"

not working at all, but needed:
    -dspeffect1="Folder.jpg Preserve= -ext={qt}.jpg; .png{qt}" -dspeffect2="ID Tag Processing=-case={qt}0{qt} -exportart={qt}(none){qt} -importart={qt}[album artist] - [album].jpg{qt} -maxart={qt}(any){qt} -maxartkb={qt}(any){qt} -arttojpg"

PS: I am perfectly fine with any solution, that gets the only picture file within the original folder into my mp3 files.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: [album artist] not working in Album Art Import

Quote Originally Posted by justAGuyAsking View Post
    PS: I am perfectly fine with any solution, that gets the only picture file within the original folder into my mp3 files.
    My suggestion is that you opt for the de facto "standards" in naming album art...."folder.jpg" or "cover.jpg." (or .png files, as the case may be). This isn't because it's much easier and avoids your current issue...though it conveniently does....but because many players only look for an image file named "folder" or "cover," typically when there's no embedded artwork. Even if the player you currently use will recognize any .jpg or .png file, there's very apt to be a player in your future that requires the "folder/cover" convention and you'll have to rename them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BrodyBoy View Post
    My suggestion is that you opt for the de facto "standards" in naming album art...."folder.jpg" or "cover.jpg." (or .png files, as the case may be). This isn't because it's much easier and avoids your current issue...though it conveniently does....but because many players only look for an image file named "folder" or "cover," typically when there's no embedded artwork. Even if the player you currently use will recognize any .jpg or .png file, there's very apt to be a player in your future that requires the "folder/cover" convention and you'll have to rename them anyway.
    valid point!
    Given my already existing FLAC library I would still be happy to hear any comments on my initial issue.

I would be really grateful for any further suggestions!

Administrator

I am sorry to say album artist is not supported.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    I am sorry to say album artist is not supported.
    Sad to hear that, but thank you very much for the clearification!