title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CD Ripper and Batch Converter No Longer Show in Windows Vista after Security Update

Re: CD Ripper

Hi Spoon, let me do a System Restore to the day prior to the Installed Updates.

Will advise shortly.

Alright, restored to point before Vista updates were done.
    DbPowerAmp works.

Now i'll apply all the MS Office updates only.

Will post shortly.

Pre-Vista_db_works.jpg

Spoon, I'm on a Toshiba Satellite M305 running Vista 64 with an Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 processor and a Mobile Intel 4 series express chipset family graphics card.

Bingo!
    Security Update for Windows Vista for x64-Based Systems (KB3057839) is the update that causes the issue.

I started off by installing the MS Office updates, DB still worked.
    Installed another Windows Security update (KB3033890) and DB worked fine.

Once i installed KB3057839, I get the issue.

Please note: i still have 4 More security updates to install (KB3058515, KB3059317, KB3063858, and KB890830).

Will wait before installing these.....

Installing SU K3057839 - dBPowerAmp works so far .jpg

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Art_Vandelay View Post
    Security Update for Windows Vista for x64-Based Systems (KB3057839) is the update that causes the issue.
    Does uninstalling KB3057839 in Control Panel restore dBp functionality? Seems like a good temporary workaround if it does (until Spoon figures out a more permanent solution).

Administrator

I do not think there is anything we can do. It relates I think to graphics drivers and interaction with that security update, and our programs have been uses with similar code since Windows 95, a good 15 years.

Perhaps take a look at graphics drivers if everyone has Integrated intel drivers, try switching to the Microsoft ones (by disabling the graphics card driver, and reboot).

I am also having the same issue. Any news on a fix???

I just tried to uninstall that update, but it did not uninstall it, as it appears to be part of some other updates.

I prefer not to have to do a restore to a previous update.

I do recall that prior to the issue occurring, i did activate AccurateCD functionality. Coincidence perhaps?

Also, can this security update be preventing dBPowerAmp from accessing the Metadata?

I'm not a software Engineer, so you guys would have more info on this.

Why are some other Vista Users not affected?

My other choice is to install this program onto my wife's Laptop running Windows 7, but i would much rather not hear her say "Don't you have your own computer"?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by jhr123 View Post
    I am also having the same issue. Any news on a fix???
    The fix for the moment is to start Vista in safe mode, so it uses Microsofts video drivers.

Administrator

Re: CD Ripper and Batch Converter No Longer Show in Windows Vista after Security Upda

A number of programs are affected by this, such as putty (very popular Telnet program):

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~s...ks-config.html

Administrator

Re: CD Ripper and Batch Converter No Longer Show in Windows Vista after Security Upda

We have a test version of Batch Converter to try, it is a shot in the dark as to a potential fix.

1) First verify that Batch Converter does not show when it is started.

Download:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/DMCFileSelector-x64.zip for 64 bit Vista
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/DMCFileSelector-x86.zip for 32 bit Vista

Unzip the enclosed exe and copy to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp for 32 bit, or C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp folder for 64 bit Windows, overwriting the existing program, then try.

Hi Spoon,

I have a similar ongoing problem although the software was working fine a couple of weeks ago. Again, Win Vista with recent update.

I tried your Batch Converter test fix but no change. Still not visible on the screen even though task manager says its running and the program seems to be on the task bar. Was hoping to rip the remains of my CD collection but obviously not for happening today.

M

Hi Spoon,

I too just tried the download, but no change.

This maybe a good excuse to purchase a new computer.

jhr123

dBpowerAmp_works_without_KB3057839.jpg

Hi All,
    I've restored my PC to a point where I was able to apply all the Vista Updates EXCEPT for Security Update for Windows Vista for x64-Based Systems (KB3057839)

dBPowerAmp now works.

I've also hidden this update , and also have updated all Video drivers.

Its a short term fix.
    Last edited by Art_Vandelay; 06-14-2015 at 12:42 PM.

Art, I did the same and can confirm the short term fix works....