title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CD Ripper and Batch Converter No Longer Show in Windows Vista after Security Update

CD Ripper and Batch Converter No Longer Show in Windows Vista after Security Update

Hi

I'm using the product for many months now.
    No problem with until today. When I launch the service, it seems it's running but nothing appears on the screen except "insert Audio CD into" Menu (see attachment). The main menu dpesn't appear on the screen but it seems the service is running.

I already did an uninstall/install. But the problem is still there.

I'm on a Vista SP2 computer (32 bits).

Does anybody knows this problem? can provide help.

Best regards.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Spoon; 06-13-2015 at 04:25 AM.

Re: CD Ripper

Hi! Glad you posted this, as I have the exact same issue.
    Tried same thing: un-install and re-install, but to no avail.

I'm running Vista Home premium SP2 64-Bit

Anyone else?

same issue. Haven't ripped a CD in a couple months so I'm not sure how long it's been like this, but my Vista system did just have updates yesterday. Also, the program doesn't show up in program files, install/uninstall, or in the DBpoweramp configuration. It looks as though only the CD Grabber is working but doesn't go any further. I have version 14.4 and I also tried redownloading and reinstalling. I'm running vista business SP2, 32 bit.
    Last edited by ohleollei; 06-11-2015 at 01:33 AM.

Administrator

Using dBpoweramp R15.3?

Which security software are you using?
    Last edited by Spoon; 06-11-2015 at 10:32 AM.

Hi Spoon, i have the latest dBpoweramp r15.3 as well as the perfecttunes r1.7
    Antivirus is Mcafee

Administrator

What happens if you right click on CD Ripper >> Run as Administrator?

Thank you Djs65 for starting this thread. I'm running Vista and Reference 14.4 and have had the exact same problem since yesterday. I, too, have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times to no avail. Running CD Ripper as an Admin doesn't seem to change anything. I also noticed that I couldn't perform any right-click ID-tag edits on already existing files, either.

Administrator

Running Mcafee also?

No, Avira. My Vista is Home Premium SP2 64-Bit. It seems like I lost dbpoweramp functionality after the Vista security updates on Tuesday.

MS Updates.JPG

Seems the common denominator is the Vista Updates.
    I tried running dBPoweramp as Administrator, still the same thing.

Mcafee shows dBpoweramp as an "authorized pgm".

Ive also re-verified , and there are no more Windows Updates available.

I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials for antivirus. But I agree that it seems related to Vista Updates

Gday, Im brand new to all this however like all previous posts I had it working then a Vista update ruined the party. I'm using Trend Micro Maximum Security for anti virus. I have re installed multiple times. It seems to be running in the background, just nothing displayed. I was clicking randomly around the desktop when the CD in the drive suddenly started playing, must have stumbled upon the play button that is now invisible. Thought Id just add to the info on this problem. I had just paid my $75 AUD too as it was going great.

Administrator

Bear with us whilst we create a vista test machine to look into this.

Do any of the dBpoweramp programs run and appear to function correctly? the installer? Batch Converter, Configuration?