title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CD Ripper and Batch Converter No Longer Show in Windows Vista after Security Update

Re: CD Ripper

None of the dBpoweramp programs are functioning correctly for me.

Hello All, dBPowerAmp Batch Converter doesn't appear on the screen but the program seems to be running.
    same with CDRipper.

However, dBpoweramp Configuration does show up, and so does dBpoweramp Music Converter.

Good point. My programs may be running, but I can't see enough of them to tell.

I thought it was me simply being dumb. Installed DBP on my Vista PC y'day and have been unable to get it to operate. You can load a CD & it will start to play it but you can't see any kind of control panel. It is as if it is hidden behind the desktop. Hovering the cursor towards the top left of my screen brings up an eject CD tag which actually does that but there are no visible functions to use.

The Music Converter appears to work and does put up a file structure allowing you to select files to be converted but the CD Ripper doesn't put up anything other than the small 'Insert Disc' bar.

Add me to this list as well. dbpoweramp ver 14.2, Vista Business Edition SP 2 (32 bit).

Have been using dBpoweramp for several years error free until today. It has been about a week since I last ripped a CD. There may have been a Vista update during that interim, can't exactly remember. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program just once with no change in outcome. Hope you can get it resolved soon as I love this program for ripping my music to a hard drive for playback with Squeezebox Touch.

Music converter works ok, converted a WAV file to FLAC no probs. Configure dBpoweramp seems to work. Batch Converter does same as CDripper and seems to start and run with no graphic interface. Keen to get a fix as this weekend was going to be rip-my-entire-cd-collection-weekend prior to arrival of new DAC. Looks like it will be the lawns again.

If you could add me to this thread too please. I use Windows Vista Home Premium. CD Ripper has been working fine but now like others the programme is not showing on the screen apart from the sub menu referring to the DVD Drive.

Many thanks.

Administrator

Ok first the bad news, we have Vista, fully updated on a test machine and dBpoweramp functions without issues on our system.

We need more information to tackle this one, if someone is keen, do a system restore to a point before the security updates, then install each update one at a time and find out which one is triggering the issue.

Secondly try starting windows in safe mode:

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page...nt&id=SOLN2268

See if the programs function correctly in safe mode.

Hi, new to this thread - having the exact same problem with a blank display, except for my CD display - running Vista 64 - as of a few days ago - blank display - anyone find a solution yet? Thanks

Spoon, I just launched CD Ripper in Safe Mode with Networking and everything seemed to be working correctly, including ripping, encoding, converting, and right-click ID tag editing.

Also, when I tried to download the WMAPro10 codec (it got deleted when I uninstalled everything) both Chrome and Firefox blocked it, saying the file contained a virus or spyware. Could this be a related issue?

Administrator

It is not related, I have written to google to request a reason why this file is blocked, it has been the same for 8 years not and does not serve anything nasty...

If dBpoweramp works in safemode then it suggests that the last Windows update is breaking a graphics card driver, and potentially not only dBpoweramp would be affected. Which graphics cards do people have? what is your machine Vista is installed onto?

I'm running an older Toshiba Satellite with Vista 64 on Intel Core 2 Duo T6500 2.10GHz with graphics card Intel GMA 4500M (Mobile Intel (R) 4 series express chipset family), according to my device manager. Sounds more and more like a Windows update issue - with all of us having the same problem(s) running Vista on different computers, no doubt.

Thanks for the update Spoon.

I have an Nvidia Geforce GTX660TI, all video updates current.
    machine is Intel i& 920 @ 2.67 3.20 Ghz , 64 Bit Operating System with 6GB ram.
    Windows Vista Home Premium SP 2

I'm using latest nVidia drivers, Video card: Geforce GTX 660TI,
    PC: i7 920 OC to 3.2GHz
    6GB ram
    Vista Home Premium SP2 64 Bit OS