title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping errors without errors

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PepsiCan
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2014

Ripping errors without errors

Hi everyone

I just used the PerfectTunes R2 beta for the first time. The reason I went for the beta rather than release 1.7 is because I want to check out the metadata management.

I checked my music library for ripping errors. It picked up some CDs, mainly those already identified when I ripped them with DBPowerAmp. But PerfectTunes also flagged up some albums with any errors. See the screenshot for what I mean. Why is that?

Click image for larger version

Name:	PerfectTunes.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	296962

Thank you for your help!
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Ripping errors without errors

Originally posted by PepsiCan
    Hi everyone

I just used the PerfectTunes R2 beta for the first time. The reason I went for the beta rather than release 1.7 is because I want to check out the metadata management.

I checked my music library for ripping errors. It picked up some CDs, mainly those already identified when I ripped them with DBPowerAmp. But PerfectTunes also flagged up some albums with any errors. See the screenshot for what I mean. Why is that?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]617[/ATTACH]

Thank you for your help!
    what does the log show about those albums when you click on the i details on that page.

Comment

• PepsiCan
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by garym
      what does the log show about those albums when you click on the i details on that page.
      In both cases that the tracks are accurately ripped. I couldn't see an error in there. I'll post the logs later.

Comment

• PepsiCan
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Apr 2014

In both cases that the tracks are accurately ripped. I couldn't see an error in there. I'll post the logs later.
        Hereby the log of all 18 discs. Apart from the two highlighted in the screenshot there were a few more that also suffered from the same phenomenon.

Non Accurate tracks on D-drive 20150607.txt

Thanks for the help!

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Hereby the log of all 18 discs. Apart from the two highlighted in the screenshot there were a few more that also suffered from the same phenomenon.

[ATTACH]618[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the help!
          But these logs are showing some tracks that are not accurately ripped. I thought you had examples of PerfectTunes showing the album as NOT accurately ripped yet the rip originally showed as accurate in the ripping log. do you have any like that. Otherwise, these logs look pretty normal, with some tracks with either not enough info or some with errors/warnings.

Comment

• PepsiCan
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Apr 2014

But these logs are showing some tracks that are not accurately ripped. I thought you had examples of PerfectTunes showing the album as NOT accurately ripped yet the rip originally showed as accurate in the ripping log. do you have any like that. Otherwise, these logs look pretty normal, with some tracks with either not enough info or some with errors/warnings.
            I do.

Match the logfile with the screen shot. Blocks 3 and 4 show all files as accurate (Bruno Mars and Billy Joel). That said, I did some further research and found the probable cause. For the two albums, all tracks are accurate. However, there are duplicates in the folder and PerfectTunes flags that up, albeit without a clear error indication.

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

I do.

Match the logfile with the screen shot. Blocks 3 and 4 show all files as accurate (Bruno Mars and Billy Joel). That said, I did some further research and found the probable cause. For the two albums, all tracks are accurate. However, there are duplicates in the folder and PerfectTunes flags that up, albeit without a clear error indication.
              OK. So I think that everything is working as expected. (if the number of tracks in a folder are different from the number in the CD, this will cause AR matching problems I believe)

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Open windows explorer and type into address bar:

%appdata%

Please zip up the perfecttunes folder and upload to dropbox (or similar) and provide a link please.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• PepsiCan
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Apr 2014

OK. So I think that everything is working as expected. (if the number of tracks in a folder are different from the number in the CD, this will cause AR matching problems I believe)
                  Not quite. An appropriate error message would be in order. Now, the CD gets flagged up but neither from the screen nor from the logfile is it apparent that there is a problem, in my view.

Comment

• PepsiCan
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
                    Open windows explorer and type into address bar:

%appdata%

Please zip up the perfecttunes folder and upload to dropbox (or similar) and provide a link please.
                    Done. You can find the files here.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

Beta 5 is up which fixes this issue.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• PepsiCan
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast