title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Mac version of ripper does not see the superdrive - how do you configure the drive?

Mac version of ripper does not see the superdrive - how do you configure the drive?

Had a trial version on the Mac. worked fine. Purchased, downloaded new version and chose to replace the trial version.

The new version does not recognize the drive ("No disc selected") but I cannot find where to configure the drive.

Mac disc utility sees the drive.

BTW, I have a Windows version on the Mac (loading under VMWare) and it works fine.....???

Thanks for any help.

Re: Mac version of ripper does not see the superdrive - how do you configure the driv

Problem solved.

I'm assuming this is related to a recent upgrade to Yosemite. Lot's of weird stuff happening with Yosemite (wifi connections, very slow speed, etc.).

I loaded a CD, then opened finder, then launched dbpoweramp and the ripper now "saw" the disc.

Re: Mac version of ripper does not see the superdrive - how do you configure the driv

Spoke too soon. Not working again.

Is dbpoweramp compatible with Yosemite 10.10.3?

Super Moderator

dBpoweramp for OSX has one odd behavior that might surprise you if you've used dBpoweramp for Windows before:
    It does not see the drive until you actually insert a disc into it.

This is due to how OSX enumerates optical disc drives. We do not like it but we've not been able to suppress it.

Other than that, our development systems run the latest OSX (10.10.3) and dBpoweramp has been tested thoroughly on it.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    dBpoweramp for OSX has one odd behavior that might surprise you if you've used dBpoweramp for Windows before:
    It does not see the drive until you actually insert a disc into it.
    Peter,

Exactly. Thank you. I'm not certain that the Mac read the disc the first time either. Yosemite seemed to get confused and wouldn't eject the disc. I rebooted with the disc in place and then the MAC saw the disc and it could be ejected. Not sure what happened.
    The Mac version of the ripper works very fast. Not sure if that results from the memory added to mitigate the slowness of Yosemite, but job well done regardless! The ripper is a bargain for what it does and the support offered here.