title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Am I ready to start?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrodyBoy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2011

Re: Am I ready to start?

Originally posted by garym
    And some folks like to set up different "profiles" in the ripper and switch for ripping certain things. You might want a different profile for classical than for pop. In classical you may want to organize files by composer instead of artist, etc.
    +1 I'm a big believer in using profiles! Especially when your library includes classical, which doesn't conform well to the tagging conventions of pop music, it's easier to use separate ripping profiles than to try and cover all your bases with a single profile and naming string.

Comment

• gd0
      • Jun 2015

Originally posted by BrodyBoy
      multiple sets of files directly from CD Ripper can create more work for you... files often need a little metadata "grooming" post-rip.
      Yeah. I've done that a few times already.

Music Converter makes amazingly quick work of these kinds of tasks. It's kind of fun to watch it work on a quad-core machine...
      That's why I got a big-boy Mac .

going forward, feel free to ask here if you need to tweak your naming string. There are lots of experienced users who will be happy to help.
      Thanks again guys, very helpful. I think I'm pretty well armed now. Might even set up a 2nd Profile for Classical. Will take my time, do it right.

But don't be surprised if I show up again later, stumped.

Comment

• gd0
        • Jun 2015

Everything's working very well, but I've got a couple non-critical questions, just for my general knowledge.

Since installing dBp, iTunes seldom offers up metadata when a disc is inserted (not that I need iTunes for this anymore). Does the very presence of dBp somehow disable or prioritize over iT? Just curious.

AccurateRip offers up "star" ratings. Again, something I'd seldom use, but having tried a few, I see they don't make their way to the iTunes library with other metadata. Is that normal?

Again, just for my own info-base.

Thanx!

Comment

• BrodyBoy
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by gd0
          Everything's working very well, but I've got a couple non-critical questions, just for my general knowledge.

Since installing dBp, iTunes seldom offers up metadata when a disc is inserted (not that I need iTunes for this anymore). Does the very presence of dBp somehow disable or prioritize over iT? Just curious.
          No. Windows has settings for what default behavior/programs you want. I.e., when you load an audio CD into your optical drive, what program should automatically start. It could be iTunes, Windows Media Player, dBp, etc. It sounds like CD Ripper has been set as the default. This can be changed manually with Windows Start button > "Default Programs" > "Change AutoPlay settings."

AccurateRip offers up "star" ratings. Again, something I'd seldom use, but having tried a few, I see they don't make their way to the iTunes library with other metadata. Is that normal?

Again, just for my own info-base.

Thanx!
          I never use ratings of any kind and I have dBp omit any such metadata, so I can't help you with that one. I'm sure someone else will weigh in.

Comment

• szhosain
            • Jun 2015

+1 I'm a big believer in using profiles! Especially when your library includes classical, which doesn't conform well to the tagging conventions of pop music, it's easier to use separate ripping profiles than to try and cover all your bases with a single profile and naming string.
            Ah! Good to know that ... I have not started ripping any of my Classical disks yet, so this is excellent advice ... and well in time!

Thanks!

Z
            Last edited by szhosain; 06-22-2015, 06:05 AM. Reason: Forgot to thank!

Comment

Working...

]]>