title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Partial Convert from WMA to W64 Error

Question Partial Convert from WMA to W64 Error

Hi, I upgraded from R14.2 to R14.4 because the Music Converter and Batch Music Converter would only partially convert a 4.8 Gb 96000 Hz multi-channel 5.1 WMA file to a W64 file. Both R14.2 and R14.4 would only convert about 50% of the WMA file to the W64 file and I would get the same error message:

Information converting to Wave64, 'A:\!!SACD Recordings\Test.wma' to 'A:\!!SACD Recordings\Test.w64'
    Warning: 'RiffSize != FileSize' must be extra data on end of file. [clWave64Handler::ScanFile]
    FileSize: 8307555200 RiffSize: 4012587904 [clWave64Handler::ScanFile]

So then I upgraded to R15.3 to see if that problem was fixed and the same thing occurs. Anyone else encounter this problem? I am using 64-Bit Windows 8.1. However, I don't have a problem when I convert the same WMA file to FLAC--the whole file is converted.

By the way, how do you know what version you are using other than going to the Icon properties and see where it is pointing to? There is no "About" menu item that is usually in other software to let you know what version it is. R15.3 is installed under C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp. R14.4 is installed under C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp.

Thanks,
    Ed

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Partial Convert from WMA to W64 Error

Quote Originally Posted by edr View Post
    Hi, I upgraded from R14.2 to R14.4 because the Music Converter and Batch Music Converter would only partially convert a 4.8 Gb 96000 Hz multi-channel 5.1 WMA file to a W64 file. Both R14.2 and R14.4 would only convert about 50% of the WMA file to the W64 file and I would get the same error message:

Information converting to Wave64, 'A:\!!SACD Recordings\Test.wma' to 'A:\!!SACD Recordings\Test.w64'
    Warning: 'RiffSize != FileSize' must be extra data on end of file. [clWave64Handler::ScanFile]
    FileSize: 8307555200 RiffSize: 4012587904 [clWave64Handler::ScanFile]

So then I upgraded to R15.3 to see if that problem was fixed and the same thing occurs. Anyone else encounter this problem? I am using 64-Bit Windows 8.1. However, I don't have a problem when I convert the same WMA file to FLAC--the whole file is converted.
    Please confirm... you are trying to convert a 4.8GB file?

Does the conversion work on a smaller file size e.g. less than 2GB?
    Last edited by mville; 06-05-2015 at 09:37 PM. Reason: another question re. file size

Administrator

Re: Partial Convert from WMA to W64 Error

If writing to a FAT partition then 4GB is the maximum size.