title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Create cover.jpg file from tracks ID3 tags

Create cover.jpg file from tracks ID3 tags

Hi,

All my music collection (FLAC) has cover art embedded on the tracks ID3 tags. My collection is organized in folders (Artist -> Album). However, not all Album folders have a cover.jpg (or whatever other name) file in it. So I need a program that would batch extract the cover art from one of the album tracks and create a cover jpeg file from it.

Can PerfectTunes Album Art do that? What I see is that if the tracks have embedded cover art already, Album Art will not attempt to create a cover.jpg file with the cover.

Thanks.

Administrator

Re: Create cover.jpg file from tracks ID3 tags

You would use dBpoweramp, install the utility codec 'ID Tag Update' and convert all your collection to this codec with the option set to export folder.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You would use dBpoweramp, install the utility codec 'ID Tag Update' and convert all your collection to this codec with the option set to export folder.jpg
    Thanks Spoon, that did it

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Hey Spoon - I installed the codec successfully, but I don't see where I go to set option to export folder.jpg. Can you help?

Administrator

Set the encoder to 'ID Tag Update' and on the manipulation tab is an export option.