title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Converting...Is Performing ReplayGain and ID Tag Update At Same Time Possible?

Question Converting...Is Performing ReplayGain and ID Tag Update At Same Time Possible?

Hello,
    I need to go thru and get ReplayGain tags on all of my WAV files.

I have conducted some tests before jumping in with both feet.

If possible, I would like to perform the RG calculations and ID TAG UPDATE in one conversion....is this possible?

I am able to pick both when the converter box pops up but it doesn't seem to work.
    For example, if I pick converter action ReplayGain in the converter drop down and then add ID TAG UPDATE in the DSP box below, the converter only performs RG.
    If I pick ID TAG UPDATE in the converter box and add ReplayGain in the DSP box below, the converter performs the tag update but doesn't do the RG part.
    Obviously the converter box lets me pick both actions but it doesn't seem to perform the DSP action in the lower box.
    Is it possible to do what I am trying to do?

I have tried doing this via BatchConverter with similar issues.
    Am I doing something wrong?

I need to perform the ID TAG UPDATE after the RG gain writes it's tags because I use the tag update "Multiple Artists to "Artist 1; Artist 2" manipulation after I update any tags in order to get Windows Media Player to be able to read the multiple artists and multiple genre tags correctly.

BTW, I am using DBPA R14.4.

Thanks!
    Last edited by DBPA ROCKS!; 05-26-2015 at 07:40 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Converting...Is Performing ReplayGain and ID Tag Update At Same Time Possible?

Quote Originally Posted by DBPA ROCKS! View Post
    If possible, I would like to perform the RG calculations and ID TAG UPDATE in one conversion....is this possible?
    I doubt it. Look here for a possible answer:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...ayGain-profile