title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

More than one album art added by software

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MichaelD
    • May 2015

More than one album art added by software

OK I'm going to ask this question again about adding back album art. At this point I can get only one album art to select and add to the album file. I can find like back album art but then when I click on it it overwrites the front album art so it seems only one can load. Yet there are < > arrows and it says 1 of 1 art so it leads you to believe that you can maybe have 1of 2, 1 of 3 displayed and use the < > arrows to scroll between different art. There is a way to label them if you right click on the + key but I can't seem to figure out how to add more it just keeps overwriting. Someone wrote back before that they just manually add more art manually that seems like a lot of work to do after the fact. If in case that is what needs to be done is there a web site that has good album art of the proper size? I'm particularly interested in Hi-res art 1000x1000 or higher if available and the back and front cover. I'm in the process of ripping my albums for the new Aurender N10 that I have ordered.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: More than one album art added by software

Originally posted by MichaelD
    OK I'm going to ask this question again about adding back album art. At this point I can get only one album art to select and add to the album file. I can find like back album art but then when I click on it it overwrites the front album art so it seems only one can load. Yet there are < > arrows and it says 1 of 1 art so it leads you to believe that you can maybe have 1of 2, 1 of 3 displayed and use the < > arrows to scroll between different art. There is a way to label them if you right click on the + key but I can't seem to figure out how to add more it just keeps overwriting. Someone wrote back before that they just manually add more art manually that seems like a lot of work to do after the fact. If in case that is what needs to be done is there a web site that has good album art of the proper size? I'm particularly interested in Hi-res art 1000x1000 or higher if available and the back and front cover. I'm in the process of ripping my albums for the new Aurender N10 that I have ordered.

Did you see my response to your other thread on this:

Would also like to have back album art. I can find it but then it overwrites the front album art. There must be a way to have both selected that become part of the CD file. Can't seem to figure out how.

Are you embedding the art in each file, or placing the art as cover.jpg or folder.jpg within each album subdirectory? Not sure about dbpa, but in mp3tag I think you can embed multiple artwork and give it labels (cover, back, etc.). And note that mp3tag works for all sorts of files (FLAC, m4a, mp3, ALAC, etc.).

The dbpa ripper can locate and add hi-res artwork easily during the ripping process. It will look for the largest it can find based on your settings in the options regarding maximum artwork size to add. I use 1000x1000 myself. Note that if the automatic artwork that dbpa ripper shows is not what you want, you can click on the "choose art" button to the right of the artwork in lower right to see other options. You can also find your own art and save it to your computer then add it to your files using the "+" button to the right of the artwork found by dbpa in the ripper screen. For existing rips, you can use PerfectTunes to search for higher quality artwork. Also, check out this location for high quality art:
    High Quality Album Artwork / CD Artwork

When found there, be sure and click on the thumbnails to get to the larger artwork before saving the file (otherwise, you end up saving the thumbnail instead of the hires art).

p.s. It is better to simply add a post to your existing thread to "bump" it as a recent post rather than starting an entirely new thread on the same topic.
    Last edited by garym; 05-26-2015, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• Dat Ei
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Feb 2014

Hey Michael,

Originally posted by MichaelD
      I can find like back album art but then when I click on it it overwrites the front album art so it seems only one can load. Yet there are < > arrows and it says 1 of 1 art so it leads you to believe that you can maybe have 1of 2, 1 of 3 displayed and use the < > arrows to scroll between different art. There is a way to label them if you right click on the + key but I can't seem to figure out how to add more it just keeps overwriting.
      click on "+" and you have the choice to load a file from the internet or your local storage. Once you have loaded a picture, click "+" again and click "Current Art Description". This way you can choose if the actual picture shall be your front cover or back cover.

If you repeat that procedure you will have several album arts in your files (then "<" and ">" will make sense!). But this procedure is a manual one. Standard is that you only get the front cover automatically.

Dat Ei

Comment

• MichaelD
        • May 2015

Dat Ei

Maybe I'm missing something but the program will automatically select the album cover I then like you say right click on the+ then I select a picture of the ha kart but this over copies the front art and the < > never are active. The back art I get from the internet first option what am I doing wrong?

Comment

• Dat Ei
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Feb 2014

Did I say right click? I don't think so.

What happens when you drag & drop several pictures from your harddisk onto the album art area in CD Ripper?

Dat Ei

PS: You have a registered copy of dBpa R15, haven't you?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

If you select 'Choose from Internet' or the art button on main page, it will clear all existing arts, because normally the manual Internet search only gives front art.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dat Ei
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Feb 2014

Hey Michael,

I'm sorry for misleading you. As I do not use multiple album arts, I have just checked that function with an older unregistered dbpa version on my office pc. For that version my description was ok, but not as for the actual one. Please follow the instructions of Spoon.

Dat Ei

Comment

Working...

]]>