title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cd ripper for mac OS X

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRJACKDEE
    • Apr 2015

Cd ripper for mac OS X

Hi spoon,

Could you tell me if there is going to be any major releases of dbpoweramp for Mac as I wouldn't want to purchase then witness a new release right after my outlay especially as I would be purchasing multi user license

Kind regards

Mark
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Cd ripper for mac OS X

Not planned in the next 9 months
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MRJACKDEE
      • Apr 2015

Thank you for a speedy response,

What would the upgrade fees be for future releases?

Also may I ask about the compression settings for FLAC files.... I have been using level 8 with verify, does this affect the sound quality by using level 8 in any way as I will be using a NAS server to supply my Cyrus gear so I wouldn't want to take anything away from the music at all as I have invested quite a bit of money into my hifi. Space isn't an issue yet but would be good to get some solid advice regards the compression settings. Also how does dbpoweramp work with HDCD & SACD?

Regards
      Last edited by MRJACKDEE; 05-25-2015, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by MRJACKDEE
        Thank you for a speedy response,

What would the upgrade fees be for future releases?

Also may I ask about the compression settings for FLAC files.... I have been using level 8 with verify, does this affect the sound quality by using level 8 in any way as I will be using a NAS server to supply my Cyrus gear so I wouldn't want to take anything away from the music at all as I have invested quite a bit of money into my hifi. Space isn't an issue yet but would be good to get some solid advice regards the compression settings. Also how does dbpoweramp work with HDCD & SACD?

Regards
        Lossless = Lossless. And flac is lossless so sound quality is not effected by compression. The only thing that higher compression does is save a bit of space and it may take longer to create the file initially.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Nothing computer based can rip SACD as 24 bit, HDCD is supported on Windows only (Microsoft own the patents and it is only available on Windows).

Typically upgrade costs are less than $16
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>