title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CUE sheet misunderstanding!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oggy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2015

CUE sheet misunderstanding!

Think I believed that I could re-create a bit perfect CD from AIFF files and CUE sheet, am I completely wrong in this? Thanks in advance, Oggy.
  • BrodyBoy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2011

Re: CUE sheet misunderstanding!

I think the cue function is for wave, but I could be wrong. More importantly, I'd suggest you reconsider the file + cue approach. It's a very archaic way of doing digital music and you're apt to find very limited player support. It offers virtually no advantage over the much more common approach of just ripping lossless tracks.

EDIT: Oh okay...I had your request backwards....not ripping but burning CDs. Usually burning CD copies is done from image files, but perhaps you could convert your AIFF to .wav and try that.
    Last edited by BrodyBoy; 05-25-2015, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• Oggy
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by BrodyBoy
      I think the cue function is for wave, but I could be wrong. More importantly, I'd suggest you reconsider the file + cue approach. It's a very archaic way of doing digital music and you're apt to find very limited player support. It offers virtually no advantage over the much more common approach of just ripping lossless tracks.

EDIT: Oh okay...I had your request backwards....not ripping but burning CDs. Usually burning CD copies is done from image files, but perhaps you could convert your AIFF to .wav and try that.
      Thanks for the reply, thinking about this more it kind of defeats the object of ripping in the first place! Now just curious...

Comment

• BrodyBoy
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Oggy
        Thanks for the reply, thinking about this more it kind of defeats the object of ripping in the first place! Now just curious...
        Hmm....really? Now I'm just curious....what was the object of ripping (for you)? Just copying CDs? If that's your objective, there are better programs for that. dBp is for ripping digital music files for the purpose of using them in playback devices.

Comment

• Oggy
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by BrodyBoy
          Hmm....really? Now I'm just curious....what was the object of ripping (for you)? Just copying CDs? If that's your objective, there are better programs for that. dBp is for ripping digital music files for the purpose of using them in playback devices.
          Yes, I want to rip for streaming; that is the primary function and the only really important function. I also thought (maybe incorrectly), that rather than directly copy a CD, you could make an identical checksum copy from the ripped files and CUE sheet. This is very much a secondary function as a back up for a few of my favourite CDs. I fully accept that I may have got my facts wrong!!

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Yes. Misinterpretation. There is no need for cue sheets. You can get bit perfect checksum copies without cue sheets.

Comment

• Oggy
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by garym
              Yes. Misinterpretation. There is no need for cue sheets. You can get bit perfect checksum copies without cue sheets.
              OK, thanks. Luckily I only used it on 2 rips.

Comment

Working...

]]>