title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Replay Gain & Foobar2000 not showing RG values

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Replay Gain & Foobar2000 not showing RG values

I have recently started ripping CD's in FLAC and using the Replay Gain DSP (not RG Apply). I've also manually added RG tags to some previously ripped FLAC files. I've been using Foobar2000 v1.3.6 to test the Replay Gain feature and I've noticed the following. When I load tracks into the Foobar playlist and select that track I can see the replay gain values in the general information window above the playlist. I've noticed that not all tracks display RG information in Foobar yet even for tracks not displaying RG values the RG process seems to be working and leveling volume. Just curious why the values wouldn't show for all tracks and if Foobar is applying its own replay gain processing on the files that don't display RG values. I know this isn't a Foobar forum but I'm trying to figure out how Replay Gain works in general.

Thank you,

Administrator

Re: Replay Gain & Foobar2000 not showing RG values

You can right click on those files (in Windows File Explorer) and select Edit ID Tag, if it shows the RG tags then it is correct, and it is something specific to foobar.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Replay Gain & Foobar2000 not showing RG values

Quote Originally Posted by sjc View Post
    and if Foobar is applying its own replay gain processing on the files that don't display RG values. I know this isn't a Foobar forum but I'm trying to figure out how Replay Gain works in general.
    Foobar2000 will not simply add RG values on its own in the background. One can use foobar2000 to add RG tags, but it is something you have to do (click on a few things) and NOT something that happens "behind the scenes".