title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Artwork / disc drive Question...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daleyb
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Oct 2014

Artwork / disc drive Question...

1.Iam perhaps over-thinking on this..But when I first started cd ripping with DBPA, my artwork came in at different sizes- some 1000 x1000, some 300 etc.. Recently though most are around 250 x 250. my settings in options are upto 1000. Iam in jpg.folder and embed/tag "artwork." Is this Normal and its whatever the database collects you get (although I realise you can change this later in DBPA id taging after ripp..) I dont mind smaller sizes its saves space...but just want to make sure its O.K.

2.my other concern is disc Drives...My current one as no C2 pointers... was pretty cheap( A liteon one) But seems to be working fine.From reading this Forum I notice there was feedback on the Accuracy of Disc Drives. Is it worth upgrading.. to a better one..? If Iam having no probs is that worth it..??
  • BrodyBoy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2011

Re: Artwork / disc drive Question...

Originally posted by daleyb
    1.Iam perhaps over-thinking on this..But when I first started cd ripping with DBPA, my artwork came in at different sizes- some 1000 x1000, some 300 etc.. Recently though most are around 250 x 250. my settings in options are upto 1000. Iam in jpg.folder and embed/tag "artwork." Is this Normal and its whatever the database collects you get (although I realise you can change this later in DBPA id taging after ripp..) I dont mind smaller sizes its saves space...but just want to make sure its O.K.
    Yes, it's normal. You can always click on the Choose Artwork button and, in most cases, see a variety of sizes for the same album cover. Just select the one you want then, before ripping, and you can avoid having to change it later.

2.my other concern is disc Drives...My current one as no C2 pointers... was pretty cheap( A liteon one) But seems to be working fine.From reading this Forum I notice there was feedback on the Accuracy of Disc Drives. Is it worth upgrading.. to a better one..? If Iam having no probs is that worth it..??
    No, it's not worth it. If your files are ripping accurately or securely, that's the best you can do. There's no drive that can rip them "more" accurately or securely.

Comment

• daleyb
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Oct 2014

Great.Thanks for Help Brodyboy.Hope your well. Just one thing...When you say "click on the Choose Artwork button" is that in Ripper window-if so where. Or do you mean in ID TAG window after ripp..? Iam sure you can alter artwork before ripp..but only know how to remove one shown in bottom right of ripper...

Comment

• BrodyBoy
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by daleyb
        Great.Thanks for Help Brodyboy.Hope your well. Just one thing...When you say "click on the Choose Artwork button" is that in Ripper window-if so where. Or do you mean in ID TAG window after ripp..? Iam sure you can alter artwork before ripp..but only know how to remove one shown in bottom right of ripper...
        Sorry I wasn't clear. Yes, I meant in the CD Ripper window, right next to the little box that displays the currently-selected album cover. When you insert a CD and dBp is gathering online info about it, it does a search for album artwork. There are usually lots of results (much like if you did a google search), and one of them is shown in that display window. I don't know how dBp "chooses" which result to use, but if you click on that button, you can simply select the one you prefer and it'll become the one shown in the display window, and the one added when you rip.

Comment

• daleyb
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Oct 2014

thanks again BB, but maybe Iam missing something here...When I Select the button next to Artwork shown it only offers to remove artwork not add anything....Or maybe iam doing something wrong ...

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

See:

Where it is titled Album Art, clicking + shows a menu, where you can select Choose From Internet.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• daleyb
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
              See:

Where it is titled Album Art, clicking + shows a menu, where you can select Choose From Internet.
              thanks Spoon.Got it. The reason i Couldnt see it was my monitor is Quite old and the ratio meant i could see the - remove art, But not the + add Artwork. if I place my cursor to the end of screen it pops up. Thanks again...(looks like a new Monitor needed!)

Comment

Working...

]]>