title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

"Externally Script Tags" corrupts the Style tag

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philiplu
    • Jan 2010

"Externally Script Tags" corrupts the Style tag

I'm playing around with the "Externally Script Tags' option of the ID Tag Processing DSP running in CD Ripper, and noticed a problem. I'm testing with a CD that's got multiple Style tags. Those normally rip fine, but if I run anything via Externally Script Tags, the resulting FLAC has only a single Style tag in it, for the first value. I first noticed when I set the script to bring up the %idtagstxt% file in an editor (gvim). The Style tag in that file had a line of "Style=style1^Mstyle2", but after ripping, the FLAC only had Style=style1, and not the expected addition Style=style2. The same issue of corrupting multiply-valued tags did not occur for other tags like Artist or Composer.

To make sure this had nothing to do with the script being invoked, I changed the script option to just 'cmd.exe /c "exit 0"', so the %idtagstxt% file wasn't touched. Same problem - Style loses all but the first value, other tags seem fine. I also switched to a testing profile that got rid of all the DSPs except the Externally Script Tag option in ID Tag Processing, to make sure it wasn't related to anything else I ran. Still repros.

Here are the settings from my extraction log:

Code:
    dBpoweramp Release 15.2 Digital Audio Extraction Log from Saturday, May 16, 2015 16:28

Drive & Settings
    ----------------

Ripping with drive 'I:   [ATAPI    - iHAP222   9     ]',  Drive offset: 6,  Overread Lead-in/out: Yes
    AccurateRip: Active,  Using C2: Yes,  Cache: 1024 KB,  FUA Cache Invalidate: No
    Pass 1 Drive Speed: Max,  Pass 2 Drive Speed: Max
    Ultra::  Vary Drive Speed: No,  Min Passes: 1,  Max Passes: 2,  Finish After Clean Passes: 1
    Bad Sector Re-rip::  Drive Speed: Max,  Maximum Re-reads: 34

Encoder: FLAC -compression-level-5
    DSP Effects / Actions: -dspeffect1="ID Tag Processing=-case={qt}0{qt} -exportart={qt}(none){qt} -importart={qt}(none){qt} -maxart={qt}(any){qt} -maxartkb={qt}(any){qt} -scripttags={qt}cmd.exe /c {_QUTE_}exit 0{_QUTE_}{qt}"
    I'm guessing this is due to special handling for tags which might be multi-valued, and separated by Ctrl-M in the tags text file. Did Style get left off that list? What tags are allowed to be multi-valued? Artist, Artist Sort, Composer, Composer Sort, Soloists, and Style? Anything else?

Thanks for a great program.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: "Externally Script Tags" corrupts the Style tag

Noted
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• philiplu
      • Jan 2010

I was wrong about this only happening on the style. Seems to affect all multi-valued tags. I accidentally left the 'cmd /c "exit 0"' in as the Externally Tag Scripts value, and a rip I just did lost all but the first entry for Artist, Artist Sort, and Composer (everything that had a multi-value in this rip). Not sure why I didn't see that happening on other tags before.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

R16 final fixes this.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>