title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Cache not working

Cache not working

Or maybe it just breaks and stops working..

I've been doing large batches of rips lately. One frustration is that .. as just happened.. I edited all the data put in all my additional information and then began my rip. The first track had 10,000 bad frames. I just ripped this CD three days ago--I figured it is dirty.

Now, it is frustrating that a history isn't kept of all the text fields so everything I did three days ago doesn't need to be re-typed. However, I eject the CD, clean it, put it back in... and i'm back to the generic data from the MetaSearch. ARGH! Isn't this what the dBpoweramp cache is for?!?!

I love the program but it is frustrating to have your work wasted. I'm trying the WRITE METADATA TAG dsp effect to see if maybe I can import info from that file next time

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Cache not working

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalEF View Post
    Or maybe it just breaks and stops working..

I've been doing large batches of rips lately. One frustration is that .. as just happened.. I edited all the data put in all my additional information and then began my rip. The first track had 10,000 bad frames. I just ripped this CD three days ago--I figured it is dirty.

Now, it is frustrating that a history isn't kept of all the text fields so everything I did three days ago doesn't need to be re-typed. However, I eject the CD, clean it, put it back in... and i'm back to the generic data from the MetaSearch. ARGH! Isn't this what the dBpoweramp cache is for?!?!

I love the program but it is frustrating to have your work wasted. I'm trying the WRITE METADATA TAG dsp effect to see if maybe I can import info from that file next time
    Increase the setting in CDRipper>>Meta (dropdown)>>Settings>>dBpoweramp Cache [Local]. This will allow more CDs to be cached. (maximum cache size is 2GB)

I guess your current dBpoweramp cache size has been reached and so the CD you mention has been overwritten.
    Last edited by mville; 05-16-2015 at 09:09 AM.

Re: Cache not working

I had the same problem, yet increasing the cache to 2GB did not to the trick. However, this did lead me to the problem that I thought I would share.
    -
    "Retrieve Metadata From" must have dbpoweramp Cache listed
    and
    "Active Providers" must have "dbpoweramp Cache" active.
    -
    I had deactivated this trying to stop the importing of track names so I could get the default names of "Track X"
    -
    Thanks for leading me to the answer!!
    -
    It pays to search for your question before posting!!
    Last edited by Mike_HepC; 12-02-2016 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Clearity