title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Mac version (R15) issues with converting to MP3 using source folder

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loekf
    • May 2015

Mac version (R15) issues with converting to MP3 using source folder

For some reason it sees the full file path as a folder.

So e.g.

/Volume/Blah blah/MP3/xxx.flac

What it tries to do is writing to:

/Volume/Blah blah/MP3/xxx.flac/xxx.mp3

of course that directory doesn't exist, so it fails.

When I tell it write the converted file(s) to a different directory it works ok.
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: Mac version (R15) issues with converting to MP3 using source folder

What naming value are you using?

Comment

• loekf
      • May 2015

Originally posted by mrspoonsi
      What naming value are you using?
      I see this in the error log:

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/01 - Imagine.flac' to '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/01 - Imagine.flac/01 - Imagine.mp3'
      Error unable to open File '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/01 - Imagine.flac/01 - Imagine.mp3' for writing. [BeginConversion]
      Error converting to mp3 (Lame), '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/02 - Crippled Inside.flac' to '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/02 - Crippled Inside.flac/02 - Crippled Inside.mp3'
      Error unable to open File '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/02 - Crippled Inside.flac/02 - Crippled Inside.mp3' for writing. [BeginConversion]
      Error converting to mp3 (Lame), '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/03 - Jealous Guy.flac' to '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/03 - Jealous Guy.flac/03 - Jealous Guy.mp3'
      Error unable to open File '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/03 - Jealous Guy.flac/03 - Jealous Guy.mp3' for writing. [BeginConversion]
      Error converting to mp3 (Lame), '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/04 - It's So Hard.flac' to '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/04 - It's So Hard.flac/04 - It's So Hard.mp3'
      Error unable to open File '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/04 - It's So Hard.flac/04 - It's So Hard.mp3' for writing. [BeginConversion]
      Error converting to mp3 (Lame), '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/06 - Gimme Some Truth.flac' to '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/06 - Gimme Some Truth.flac/06 - Gimme Some Truth.mp3'
      Error unable to open File '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/06 - Gimme Some Truth.flac/06 - Gimme Some Truth.mp3' for writing. [BeginConversion]
      Error converting to mp3 (Lame), '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/08 - How Do You Sleep.flac' to '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/08 - How Do You Sleep.flac/08 - How Do You Sleep.mp3'
      Error unable to open File '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/08 - How Do You Sleep.flac/08 - How Do You Sleep.mp3' for writing. [BeginConversion]
      Error converting to mp3 (Lame), '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/09 - How.flac' to '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/09 - How.flac/09 - How.mp3'
      Error unable to open File '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/09 - How.flac/09 - How.mp3' for writing. [BeginConversion]
      Error converting to mp3 (Lame), '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/10 - Oh Yoko!.flac' to '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/10 - Oh Yoko!.flac/10 - Oh Yoko!.mp3'
      Error unable to open File '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/10 - Oh Yoko!.flac/10 - Oh Yoko!.mp3' for writing. [BeginConversion]

So the files are <track no> - <Title>.flac

I would expect that the files end up in:

/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/

but as I mentioned it sees the original file name as a directory/folder name.

I hope this helps.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

On the options page in dBpoweramp you have which option selected?

'To Folder'

or

'Dynamic'
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• loekf
          • May 2015

Originally posted by Spoon
          On the options page in dBpoweramp you have which option selected?

'To Folder'

or

'Dynamic'
          I tried to use 'Original Folder' (=> fails), Folder (= works ok) and Dynamic (= works ok).

I find it handy if the resulting converted files end up in the same folder as the sources, so that's why I picked 'Original Folder'.

Comment

• ssouthrey
            • May 2015

I'm having the same issue when using "Original Folder". I just upgraded to this latest version yesterday. I didn't have the issue with the previous version. I'm using OSX R15 (1). The previous version also remembered what path or folder I was in on the batch converter but this latest version always resets back to a default state where all the folders are minimized.

Comment

• synaptyx
              • Dec 2014

Same issue, it seems to be erroneously adding a folder name.

Code:
              Error converting to Apple Lossless, '/Users/uername/Desktop/Disc 1/01. Blue Swede - Hooked On a Feeling.flac' to '/Users/username/Desktop/Disc 1/01. Blue Swede - Hooked On a Feeling.flac/01. Blue Swede - Hooked On a Feeling.m4a'

Error unable to open File '/Users/username/Desktop/Disc 1/01. Blue Swede - Hooked On a Feeling.flac/01. Blue Swede - Hooked On a Feeling.m4a' for writing.  [BeginConversion]

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

For now you can select dynamic as:

[origpath]/[origfilename]

which will do the same.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• loekf
                  • May 2015

Originally posted by Spoon
                  For now you can select dynamic as:

[origpath]/[origfilename]

which will do the same.
                  I noticed you released 15.3 for Windows, can we expect an update to 15.3 soon (?) as well with this bug fixed ?

Thanks for the workaround.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

R15.1 for OS X will be released as soon as we are able.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• PeterP
                      Super Moderator
                      • Jul 2011

Fixed, R15.1 coming up shortly. Thanks for the report.

Comment

• synaptyx
                        • Dec 2014

Awesome! Way to make my Monday. Thanks! :D

Comment

• loekf
                          • May 2015

Tested and fixed ! Thanks for the quick support !

Comment

Working...

]]>