title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Mac version (R15) issues with converting to MP3 using source folder

Mac version (R15) issues with converting to MP3 using source folder

For some reason it sees the full file path as a folder.

So e.g.

/Volume/Blah blah/MP3/xxx.flac

What it tries to do is writing to:

/Volume/Blah blah/MP3/xxx.flac/xxx.mp3

of course that directory doesn't exist, so it fails.

When I tell it write the converted file(s) to a different directory it works ok.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Mac version (R15) issues with converting to MP3 using source folder

What naming value are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by ********* View Post
    What naming value are you using?
    I see this in the error log:

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/01 - Imagine.flac' to '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/01 - Imagine.flac/01 - Imagine.mp3'
    Error unable to open File '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/01 - Imagine.flac/01 - Imagine.mp3' for writing. [BeginConversion]
    Error converting to mp3 (Lame), '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/02 - Crippled Inside.flac' to '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/02 - Crippled Inside.flac/02 - Crippled Inside.mp3'
    Error unable to open File '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/02 - Crippled Inside.flac/02 - Crippled Inside.mp3' for writing. [BeginConversion]
    Error converting to mp3 (Lame), '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/03 - Jealous Guy.flac' to '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/03 - Jealous Guy.flac/03 - Jealous Guy.mp3'
    Error unable to open File '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/03 - Jealous Guy.flac/03 - Jealous Guy.mp3' for writing. [BeginConversion]
    Error converting to mp3 (Lame), '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/04 - It's So Hard.flac' to '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/04 - It's So Hard.flac/04 - It's So Hard.mp3'
    Error unable to open File '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/04 - It's So Hard.flac/04 - It's So Hard.mp3' for writing. [BeginConversion]
    Error converting to mp3 (Lame), '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/06 - Gimme Some Truth.flac' to '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/06 - Gimme Some Truth.flac/06 - Gimme Some Truth.mp3'
    Error unable to open File '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/06 - Gimme Some Truth.flac/06 - Gimme Some Truth.mp3' for writing. [BeginConversion]
    Error converting to mp3 (Lame), '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/08 - How Do You Sleep.flac' to '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/08 - How Do You Sleep.flac/08 - How Do You Sleep.mp3'
    Error unable to open File '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/08 - How Do You Sleep.flac/08 - How Do You Sleep.mp3' for writing. [BeginConversion]
    Error converting to mp3 (Lame), '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/09 - How.flac' to '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/09 - How.flac/09 - How.mp3'
    Error unable to open File '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/09 - How.flac/09 - How.mp3' for writing. [BeginConversion]
    Error converting to mp3 (Lame), '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/10 - Oh Yoko!.flac' to '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/10 - Oh Yoko!.flac/10 - Oh Yoko!.mp3'
    Error unable to open File '/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/10 - Oh Yoko!.flac/10 - Oh Yoko!.mp3' for writing. [BeginConversion]

So the files are <track no> - <Title>.flac

I would expect that the files end up in:

/Volumes/My Book Thunderbolt Duo/My Shared/John Lennon - 24Bit Collection FLAC/1971-Imagine/

but as I mentioned it sees the original file name as a directory/folder name.

I hope this helps.

Administrator

On the options page in dBpoweramp you have which option selected?

'To Folder'

or

'Dynamic'

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    On the options page in dBpoweramp you have which option selected?

'To Folder'

or

'Dynamic'
    I tried to use 'Original Folder' (=> fails), Folder (= works ok) and Dynamic (= works ok).

I find it handy if the resulting converted files end up in the same folder as the sources, so that's why I picked 'Original Folder'.

I'm having the same issue when using "Original Folder". I just upgraded to this latest version yesterday. I didn't have the issue with the previous version. I'm using OSX R15 (1). The previous version also remembered what path or folder I was in on the batch converter but this latest version always resets back to a default state where all the folders are minimized.

Same issue, it seems to be erroneously adding a folder name.

Code:
    Error converting to Apple Lossless, '/Users/uername/Desktop/Disc 1/01. Blue Swede - Hooked On a Feeling.flac' to '/Users/username/Desktop/Disc 1/01. Blue Swede - Hooked On a Feeling.flac/01. Blue Swede - Hooked On a Feeling.m4a'

Error unable to open File '/Users/username/Desktop/Disc 1/01. Blue Swede - Hooked On a Feeling.flac/01. Blue Swede - Hooked On a Feeling.m4a' for writing.  [BeginConversion]

Administrator

For now you can select dynamic as:

[origpath]/[origfilename]

which will do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    For now you can select dynamic as:

[origpath]/[origfilename]

which will do the same.
    I noticed you released 15.3 for Windows, can we expect an update to 15.3 soon (?) as well with this bug fixed ?

Thanks for the workaround.

Administrator

R15.1 for OS X will be released as soon as we are able.

Super Moderator

Fixed, R15.1 coming up shortly. Thanks for the report.

Awesome! Way to make my Monday. Thanks! :D

Tested and fixed ! Thanks for the quick support !