title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

New PC what happens to my CD Ripper?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LX200GPS
    • May 2015

New PC what happens to my CD Ripper?

I am about to take delivery of a new pc and wondered how I get my dBpoweramp tranferred over to it. I think I have a purchase number somewhere.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: New PC what happens to my CD Ripper?

Re-issue registered version of dBpoweramp can be downloaded from this page:

Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BrodyBoy
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by LX200GPS
      I am about to take delivery of a new pc and wondered how I get my dBpoweramp tranferred over to it. I think I have a purchase number somewhere.
      As Spoon suggests, you use your purchase number at that link to download and install a copy of dBp Reference on the new PC. It will behave as a brand new installation, so you'll need to set up your ripping parameters and configure AccurateRip on the new machine.

dBp does not provide a means to transfer your profiles and settings. Unless you have extensive customized settings that you spent a lot of time developing, it's probably easiest/best to just go through and re-enter all your desired settings on the new computer. If you do have really extensive custom profiles, it's possible to transfer them over in Windows, but it requires going into the Windows registry. This isn't recommended unless you're a fairly knowledgeable Windows user who's comfortable making registry modifications.

Comment

• LX200GPS
        • May 2015

Many thanks for the replies. I have now done as suggested and have an even better version!!

Comment

Working...

]]>