title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Help - 4 days to index whole library!

Help - 4 days to index whole library!

I've just downloaded the trial version, pointed it at my NAS based music folder and got back an estimate of 4 days to index it all (I have 45,000 tracks). And that's with an Ethernet connection, not wireless.

Would it work if I leave it running, say, overnight and action the results to that point. Then start again the following night. Or does it go back to the beginning and index the tracks already done? Or can I point it to a subset of folders (e'g all the A's, then B's, C's etc) and do it bit by bit (but not one artist folder at a time, I have too many).

Bottom line is that it's going to be very difficult to leave it for 4 days solid (unless there's a version that runs on Synology, negating the need for the laptop - guess that's a bit optimistic though!)

Thanks, Phil

nb I would use it mainly to get artwork. I know I can't actually change artwork with the trial version; if there isn't a workaround with the indexing time I'd struggle to use it though.

Administrator

Re: Help - 4 days to index whole library!

You can cancel the indexing and it will pick up where it left off.

Re: Help - 4 days to index whole library!

Phew! And thank you for the reply.