title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Change track * and count?

Question Change track * and count?

Is there a way to change an individual track * and the total track count before ripping? So I don't have to manually change say 17 tracks?

In the specific example I ran into there were two garbage tracks (both less than 10 secs) that cd ripper picked up out of 19. So there were actually only 17 tracks. Deselecting them doesn't adjust either the total count or the 19th track number. It wasn't much effort to change them, but since I'm finicky about data I not only had to rename the one bad track from 19 to 17, I had to edit all 17 tracks from 1/19 to 1/17 and so on.

Administrator

Re: Change track * and count?

It would have to be done post ripping.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Change track * and count?

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    Is there a way to change an individual track * and the total track count before ripping? So I don't have to manually change say 17 tracks?

In the specific example I ran into there were two garbage tracks (both less than 10 secs) that cd ripper picked up out of 19. So there were actually only 17 tracks. Deselecting them doesn't adjust either the total count or the 19th track number. It wasn't much effort to change them, but since I'm finicky about data I not only had to rename the one bad track from 19 to 17, I had to edit all 17 tracks from 1/19 to 1/17 and so on.
    Hopefully, this isn't something you run into a lot, as there's no quick, automated way to fix it. But there are faster solutions than individually editing the tags track-by-track as you're doing now.

The quickest way to fix this, post-rip, is to load the album into a tag editor like mp3tag. Select all tracks, make sure they're listed in proper order by clicking on that column header, then hit the "Autonumbering Wizard" button, and save. (You may also want to use the Tag->Filename function to rename your files if the existing filenames include incorrect track numbers. Fortunately, this is also a one-click operation.) Finally, if you actually want or need the TOTALTRACKS tag, you can quickly just set that tag to the proper value (for all tracks at once, while you have them selected).

Once you're familiar with how to do this, it would literally take less than a minute to complete all the steps described above.