title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: nimbie Newbie

nimbie Newbie

I've been using dbpoweramp for a number of years now to rip my collection. I have added a Nimbie USB Plus Disc Autoloader to my system. Everything works pretty slick except the automation of the ripping process. My question is:

How do I get dbpoweramp to start the ripping process as soon as the disc loads into the drive? It kicks the disc out at the completion of the rip. It inserts the next disc automatically. But it seems I have to push 'Rip' once the disc loads into the drive which sort of defeats the purpose of the autoloader.

Thanks in advance for reviewing my question.

Paul

Administrator

Re: nimbie Newbie

You need to install Batch Ripper, and the nimbie driver for batch ripper.

Thank you for the timely response. I have installed Batch Ripper and the nimbie driver. I have to check to know if there is a different driver for the batch ripper. I installed the nimbie driver first. Is it the same driver?

thanks,

Paul

Administrator

You should not use the qqtray program (or what is it called for loading).

Batch Ripper has its own driver which is needed for the Nimbie, you then configure the drive as a nimbie in batch ripper.

I uninstalled the QQTray driver/app and installed the dBpoweramp-Batch-ripper-Nimbie. I also installed dBPoweramp Reference app. When I used the Batch Ripper set up, I could see the Nimbie drive (Pioneer) and could select the Nimbie setup option, but within Batch Ripper, it only saw the CD drive on my computer and not the Nimbie, so I couldn't get it to work. It didn't seem to have a driver installed. I Restored back to the pre QQTray installation and will now re-install dBpoweramp Reference, dBpoweramp batch ripper nimbie. My questions are:

1. The manual tells me to install the Nimbie drivers before connecting the Nimbie. You indicate that the Batch Ripper Nimbie has its own driver. Do I install the Batch Ripper Nimbie before I connect the Nimbie to the computer?

2. Do I need to install both Batch Ripper Nimbie and dBpoweramp or does Batch Ripper Nimbie provide all the same options as dBpoweramp Reference just with the batch capabilities?

3. Any other installation hints?

thanks,

Paul

Administrator

You need the Nimbies own USB drivers, and Batch Ripper driver.

Run Batch Ripper Configuration, and configure the Nimbie drive to the nimbie loading method. Also on the configuration page are test load and unload buttons, you can run these to make sure all is working as should.

Batch Ripper will not show the Nimbie until it has been configured in Batch Ripper Configuration.

Thank you for your advice. Everything is up and running as it should now.

One final questions on this topic; When I run Batch Ripper, does dBPoweramp CD Ripper need to run at the same time? Or when I start Batch Ripper, does CD RIpper start up in the background. As I make changes to the configuration, I note that it seems to happen in CD Ripper rather than Batch Ripper.

thanks,

Paul

Administrator

You do not need CD Ripper.