title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: dBpoweramp rip to AIFF for use with Amarra/iTunes

dBpoweramp rip to AIFF for use with Amarra/iTunes

I'm new to dBpoweramp. I'm planning to rip a CD library to AIFF files to use with Amarra via iTunes. I'd like to set up a workflow start to finish, to get all CDs into Amarra/iTunes including tags and cover art. Before I start can someone help with a procedure that will get me there. Using a Mac Mini with external Thunderbolt raid, space not an issue. Don't plan to rip to other (flac, alac, etc) formats, just AIFF. Cheers.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: dBpoweramp rip to AIFF for use with Amarra/iTunes

Quote Originally Posted by FelixZ View Post
    I'm new to dBpoweramp. I'm planning to rip a CD library to AIFF files to use with Amarra via iTunes. I'd like to set up a workflow start to finish, to get all CDs into Amarra/iTunes including tags and cover art. Before I start can someone help with a procedure that will get me there. Using a Mac Mini with external Thunderbolt raid, space not an issue. Don't plan to rip to other (flac, alac, etc) formats, just AIFF. Cheers.
    Pretty simple. Download and install dbpa. set the ripper to rip to AIFF (there may be separate download to install from Codec Central for AIFF). In the options/settings, tick the tag items you want saved, set the ripper options to "ultrasecure" with associated settings, insert CD and rip. You'll need to come up with the desired naming string for how your files are named and where the files are placed (directory and subdirectories). Artwork will be automatic or you can search for options prior to rip. Best to experiment a bit first until you get the hang of things and are sure that things suit you (how compilations, multidisks, etc. are handled, which tags you want written, whether you want the art embedded or a single file within each album subfolder, etc.). The naming string I use is in the ripper is:
    [IFCOMP]Compilations\[album] [IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title]-[artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title][]
    see all the links here too:
    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/spoons-audio-guide.htm

Re: dBpoweramp rip to AIFF for use with Amarra/iTunes

Thanks garym, sounds pretty straight ahead. Should be able to test this weekend, hopefully with good results!