title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cd rip error

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • estimator11
    • May 2015

Cd rip error

I have been using dbpoweramp for several years, ripping my cd's to a Synology 411 Slim NAS which is connected via the router on my network. I recently moved everything from a Windows 7 computer to a new one. I tried to rip a new cd and got a error message that the software could not open the file to the diskstation. Until now it had been working flawlessly. I uninstalled dbpoweramp and reinstalled it with the newest version and still have the same problem. I have even run the cd ripper as the administrator and still the same problem. I've used the cd player on the machine as well as a usb installed player that I use all the time and still receive the same error. I've checked this forum from every angle and I still don't see a solution. I would appreciate any suggestions you might have to solve my problem.
    Attached Files
  • BrodyBoy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2011

Re: Cd rip error

This isn't a dBp problem....it's a permissions issue with your new computer and the NAS. Can you access the NAS through Windows Explorer? You may need to sign in (to the NAS) from the new computer.

Comment

• estimator11
      • May 2015

I can access the NAS through Windows Explorer and I'm able to play any of the music through the Synology (Audiostation) just as I did before.

Comment

• BrodyBoy
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2011

Does the NAS have a drive letter in Windows Explorer? It needs to be mapped as a network drive, so that you have an actual drive letter for it under "Computer" in Windows Explorer.

Comment

• estimator11
          • May 2015

O.K. I have seen the posting of this solution before, but I don't understand how why the dbpoweramp software was recognizing a simple drivepath on the network and now it is not. Is this something that was changed with the new version or am I stuck with providing a drive letter?

Comment

• BrodyBoy
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by estimator11
            O.K. I have seen the posting of this solution before, but I don't understand how why the dbpoweramp software was recognizing a simple drivepath on the network and now it is not. Is this something that was changed with the new version or am I stuck with providing a drive letter?
            I think it's always worked this way. If you simply map the network drive (giving it a drive letter), you can put that in your PATH spec. You're not "stuck" with anything....this is just the way that it works and it doesn't impose issues or limitations that make it some sort of compromise.

Comment

Working...

]]>