title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Error Message

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wdesbrow
    • Feb 2015

Error Message

As a non-tech newbie, I have successfully ripped about a dozen CD's with no track errors, solving minor problems along the way. But today while ripping two older cd's I got track errors on both. I read the available Forum text in set-up but I'm not sure I got everything right. I am ripping from a newer laptop onto "My Music." in Windows -- then on to a WD MYCLOUD NAS drive. The messages I am getting are:

Pass (1) Ripper
    Pass (2) Ripper
    Ultra Secure (1)
    Ultra Secure (2)
    A window that says, "Cancel Rip?"
    ..And under details...

"Silence Detected Replay Gain Track Tag Not Generated dDSP End Conversion"

Please help. Does this mean that these tracks are un-rippable?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Error Message

You could post a screen shot please? upload to postimage.org and provide link please.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wdesbrow
      • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Spoon
      You could post a screen shot please? upload to postimage.org and provide link please.
      Will do later this afternoon, although never used postimage.org. What is the best way to capture a screen shot?

THANK YOU.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Print screen key, then paste in to paint, save.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wdesbrow
          • Feb 2015

Spoon,

Sorry, I am not a technical person. I am familiar with the PASTE key. But paste what? and what does into paint mean? And where does Postimage.org come into all this? Their instructions are opaque. Can you explain?

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

See:

The complete guide to capturing screenshots on Windows Need to take a screenshot on your Windows PC? Whether you want to capture your full screen or just one window or area, there are several quick and easy ways to take screenshots in...
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wdesbrow
              • Feb 2015

Click image for larger version

Name:	dbpoweramp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	292917

Spoon -- Having a hard time figuring out postimage.org. I just tried to send you a screen shot of an example of an album with failed rips by attaching it to his correspondence. Pls let me know IF you received it. Thanks.

Wayne Desbrow

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by wdesbrow
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]591[/ATTACH]

Spoon -- Having a hard time figuring out postimage.org. I just tried to send you a screen shot of an example of an album with failed rips by attaching it to his correspondence. Pls let me know IF you received it. Thanks.

Wayne Desbrow
                This screen shot doesn't show the error message you mentioned earlier.

Comment

• wdesbrow
                  • Feb 2015

I will send additional shots.. thanks.

Comment

• wdesbrow
                    • Feb 2015

garym:

Thanks for weighing in on this question. As I mentioned previously, the following is the order of activity I am seeing next to the failed rips previously:

Pass (1) Ripper
                    Pass (2) Ripper
                    Ultra Secure (1)
                    Ultra Secure (2)
                    Another slower rip with the message frame by frame (and the decreasing number of frames).
                    ..And under details...

Click image for larger version

Name:	dbpoweramp 4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	292918

The above image is what I experienced earlier to day as I tried to re-rip. The last two "error" signs came up after I aborted the re-rip -- as I was ripping for more than 1.5 hours at that point!

What can you tell from this description? THANKS

wayne

Comment

• garym
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Nov 2007

garym:

Thanks for weighing in on this question. As I mentioned previously, the following is the order of activity I am seeing next to the failed rips previously:

Pass (1) Ripper
                      Pass (2) Ripper
                      Ultra Secure (1)
                      Ultra Secure (2)
                      Another slower rip with the message frame by frame (and the decreasing number of frames).
                      The above is normal when there are problems with the CD that the ripper is trying to reread and overcome. If there are lots of frames listed here, then there are lots of problems and it can take a long time (or never get a secure rip).

..And under details...

I think this is just saying that the rip had no audio (probably because of the error) and therefore it couldn't add the REPLAYGAIN tag info to your tags. This is not your main problem, just an outcome of the other issue (error ripping).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]594[/ATTACH]

The above image is what I experienced earlier to day as I tried to re-rip. The last two "error" signs came up after I aborted the re-rip -- as I was ripping for more than 1.5 hours at that point!

What can you tell from this description? THANKS

wayne
                      This picture is just showing that there were errors ripping. It may be that there really are errors. Do you get this with every CD you rip or only some of them. If you're getting this with every rip, you may have a problem with your CD drive itself. Can you connect another CD drive and try ripping? Sometimes different CD drives, even cheap ones, can rip CDs that other drives can't. But overall, what I'm seeing is that you have errors in your rips because of problems getting consistent reads from the CD itself.

Have you tried with and without "check for C2 errors" ticked?

Comment

• wdesbrow
                        • Feb 2015

A looks like the check box does not make a difference. DB Does recognize my disc devise however.

Another question .. I ripped perhaps 25 discs successfully, but two of them looks like ripped successfully to the My music file. Then we're copied to My nas drive file and placed on the network page in windows. BUT we're not imported into jriver media center. I tried their manual import command twice but it apparently nor seeing those two cds. Any guesses as to what I am doing wrong? Thx.

Comment

• garym
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Nov 2007

A looks like the check box does not make a difference. DB Does recognize my disc devise however.

Another question .. I ripped perhaps 25 discs successfully, but two of them looks like ripped successfully to the My music file. Then we're copied to My nas drive file and placed on the network page in windows. BUT we're not imported into jriver media center. I tried their manual import command twice but it apparently nor seeing those two cds. Any guesses as to what I am doing wrong? Thx.
                          1. Just because dbpa recognizes your drive doesn't mean that that particular drive doesn't have other issues in ripping CDs.
                          2. Keep in mind that depending on the condition of your CDs, it is not that rare that some of them will have errors in ripping. If these are CDs that you threw in your car's backseat, stacked up outside of their cases for years, etc. then you'll likely have more like that. On the other hand, even brand new, pristine CDs--first time played-- can sometimes produce errors for me in ripping. So to get a bigger picture, how many CDs have you ripped and how many of those have had numerous errors? Also, would you say these 'error' CDs have been treated really well or could they have been treated roughly since your ownership?
                          3. Can't help with JRiver. Maybe someone at their forum? But first make sure you can play these files that are on your NAS with some other player. That is, is the "copied" file actually a playable file. Try something like foobar2000 as player then try to play one of these "missing" files. Does it play?

Comment

• wdesbrow
                            • Feb 2015

Thanks -- another question please.

I just finished ripping two very popular cd's. As the tracks were ripping, the circular icon was spinning but the grayed-out message said something like "Cannot be found in Accurate Rip." Also, the "%" sign always remained at zero for all cuts,
                            YET, I eventually got the rips transferred to my network NAS and the rips DID successfully showed up in JRMC. Also, the number/letters in the column just to the right filled in with COLORED numbers/letters.

What does all this mean?

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

Just means that those discs are not in the AccurateRip verification database, nothing really to worry about.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>