title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Strange Goings On When Tagging My Files

Lightbulb Strange Goings On When Tagging My Files

Hi All!

Thanks for the good response last time. Really helpful!

Got a question not quite about db poweramp, but something closely related. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this strange phenomena that I'm about to explain.

Started tagging via Media Monkey, as I find it much easier because you can just select a whole load of songs at once and batch tag them.

I added a bunch of files to MM library, and went ahead and tagged them all.

The file destination is in a folder that syncs directly to One Drive for backup.

I noticed that all the files I had manipulated in MM had been duplicated, so it looks like the original file is in place, but another file has been created with the updated tagging data I inputed via MM.

Pretty weird!

I have the same track in 3 different folders being synced to the cloud at the same time, 1st copy is an archived original, 2nd is a compressed and 3rd is a copy (which I will delete later as I created it before learning about compression). I tagged all 3 of the same tracks from the 3 distinct folders at the same time in MM, so wondering if this is probably not a good method for tagging? As it has seemingly created a data monster!

SPOOKED!

Any ideas on what I should be doing about this please?

Thanks in advance

JTP
    Last edited by jacktheripper; 04-29-2015 at 05:32 PM.