title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Tag and Find: Artist/Album function does not work and Artists disappear

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • senator1962
    • Jan 2012

Tag and Find: Artist/Album function does not work and Artists disappear

Spoon,
    I do have some new issues on which I require your help:

I am using Release 3, currently showing 20431 tracks on 1448 albums.

Most recently, I was not able to find some albums in the Artist/Album function: i.e. my entire collection of Roger Waters Albums does not appear under Artist/Album/R but ironically under Artist/Album/L. I double checked that tagging is correct and other UPnP clients such as Foobar or Kazoo are sorting these albums correctly.

A similar issue happens to all albums of the Eagles; the name does not appear under Artist/Album/E while the sort starts with Eardrum; Earl Klugh; Earl Thomas; Earth Wind & Fire; etc. I have not yet been able to find Eagles albums. A cross-check with Foobar and Kazoo shows that tagging is OK: Artist, Album Artist, Albumartistsort, etc. are correctly tagged with Eagles but all 10 albums have been disappeared under the Artist/Album/E search.

Similarly: Leonhard Cohen has also be disappeared under the Artist/Album function. Similar to the Eagles case, I was not able yet to see where he might finally appear. If I can re-call the name of an album, I might be able to track it (i.e. Popular Problems) but I do not understand why he disappeared in the logical search function under L; - I am also able to find the Eagle Albums if I am going under Album/H, I can allocate Hotel California or going Album/D, I will find the album Desperado - no problem.

Last but not least: My personal playlists show up with their names but going into the details, nothing happens: the screen remains black and does not show which titles are integrated into the playlists. Access to the database should be no issue at all because all functions are OK. And maybe an hour later or so, the function is back and working. Any idea?

Sorry to bother but I would like to continue using Asset but these issues usually pop up if you would like to demonstrate to someone else (happened to me yesterday again while trying to demonstrate of how great this system works). After this experience, I have re-started Asset to build-up a new index but the a.m. issues do continue..

FYI: I'm using multiple programs for the file tagging: because of it's customization options, MP3Tag has become my preferred tool. However, I am usually making a double-check through the properties / tagging function in Foobar and make a final check with the dbPoweramp Edit ID Tag; function that has been nicely integrated into the Windows Explorer. This took quite a while but I have noted previously that each tag tool obviously interprets some words or codes different&*8230;

What can I do? Do you require any file copies to allocate my issue? My collection has become a decent size in the meanwhile and reliability is the main key. Right now I am a little disappointed that these issues do exist and I am looking very much forward to your advice.

Thank you
    Dirk

PS: neither Kazoo or Minim does allow the full flexibility of Asset. And I don't want to run multiple servers simultaneously as it produces too much (not necessary) load to my Media-PC
    Last edited by senator1962; 04-29-2015, 08:21 PM. Reason: Malfunctions with text code
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Tag and Find: Artist/Album function does not work and Artists disappear

R3 is very old, you should atleast be using R4. These issues could have been fixed 2 years ago...
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• senator1962
      • Jan 2012

Re: Tag and Find: Artist/Album function does not work and Artists disappear

Originally posted by Spoon
      R3 is very old, you should atleast be using R4. These issues could have been fixed 2 years ago...
      Outsch and Sorry - I should have more carefully gone through the latest releases...; My recent registration level still allows Version 4. I will check this first before perhaps upgrade to the most recent release. Thanks anyway and I will let you know whether my issue can be solved. Right now, the database is forced to re-build and it is counting more than 20. 000 tracks...

However, it shows of how good Asset UPnP is: despite these minor issues on which I have been complaining, nothing else was really hurting me - TWO (2!) years after a new release has been disclosed. Spoon, you truly did an outstanding job with the development of Asset!

Kind regards
      Dirk

Comment

Working...

]]>