title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Time for a separate OSX Forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrodyBoy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2011

Time for a separate OSX Forum

Since there are significant differences between the Windows and OSX versions of dBpoweramp, I think it would make sense to establish a separate Forum section for OSX issues. This would avoid unnecessary confusion (for example, Windows users describing DSP solutions for users who don't even have those options), and make the Forum easier to navigate for everybody.

It's very unlikely that many members will use both platform versions of dBp, especially since they are sold as separate programs. Over time, OSX users will accumulate the experience and expertise to help one another, just as Windows users have. Keeping us "in our own rooms" will make our conversations more organized and efficient.

Just my two cents!
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Time for a separate OSX Forum

Hey BrodyBoy,

I agree totally with you. Especially cause there a still differences between the windows and the OSX versions of dbpa. If the questioner does not state if his question or problem is windows or OSX related, we have to guess, to assume or to ask in return which version is meant. Even if I read threads I have to ask myself if this thread is significant for my version or not. That makes forum life not easyier to come to the point. So I prefer a split of the borads too.

Dat Ei

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

I also agree. I find myself answering questions incorrectly because I'm referring to the windows version and the OSX version doesn't have the same functions.

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Agree with these posts wholeheartedly. If we cannot have separate forums, can we have a template post that allows/prompts the poster to enter Platform/OS version, Illustrate Software name and version, system details e.g. local hdd or NAS etc.?

Comment

• GOGODUCK
          • Jun 2015

I concur

Comment

• schmitty
            • Mar 2010

Yes! This is an excellent idea, as I have recently changed from Windows to Mac OS X.

Comment

• mrvco
              • Dec 2014

I wholeheartedly agree. After buying and installing the OSX version today, I was surprised to not find an OSX sub-forum here since it is still quite a bit different than the Windows version.

Comment

• BrodyBoy
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by mville
                Agree with these posts wholeheartedly. If we cannot have separate forums, can we have a template post that allows/prompts the poster to enter Platform/OS version, Illustrate Software name and version, system details e.g. local hdd or NAS etc.?
                Just weighing back in here....I'm glad to see, and not the least bit surprised, that those who have commented unanimously agree that the current setup isn't "optimal."

Since it's several months later and the OSX version's been out for awhile, it's probably safe to assume that a separate forum isn't going to happen. Given that, I'll register a loud "I second that!" to mville's suggestion. If there's a way to prompt posters (or at least new-thread starters) for basic setup info, that could go a long way toward alleviating the confusion we're seeing with the combined forum format.

Comment

Working...

]]>