title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripped CDs aren't on my computer

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Darren72
    • Apr 2015

Ripped CDs aren't on my computer

I've successfully ripped a couple of hundred CDs and just started to experience a strange problem: the albums I rip now don't show up anywhere on my PC. In particular, they aren't in the music folder where they are supposed to be. If I load the CD in the drive, CD Ripper tells me that's ripped the CD and gives me the normal statistics.

Any idea how to fix this or where the ripped albums might actually be hiding?
  • BrodyBoy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2011

Re: Ripped CDs aren't on my computer

Originally posted by Darren72
    I've successfully ripped a couple of hundred CDs and just started to experience a strange problem: the albums I rip now don't show up anywhere on my PC. In particular, they aren't in the music folder where they are supposed to be. If I load the CD in the drive, CD Ripper tells me that's ripped the CD and gives me the normal statistics.

Any idea how to fix this or where the ripped albums might actually be hiding?
    You can find them a couple ways: (1) Go back into CD Ripper and look at your settings....particularly the PATH and NAMING parameters....to see where they are set to send the files; (2) Do a Windows search (from the Windows buttons or within Windows Explorer, for the whole computer) for one of the missing albums, or more generally, for the file extension for your file type.

(There are actually quite a few ways, but those two are quick and easy.)

Comment

• Darren72
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by BrodyBoy
      You can find them a couple ways: (1) Go back into CD Ripper and look at your settings....particularly the PATH and NAMING parameters....to see where they are set to send the files; (2) Do a Windows search (from the Windows buttons or within Windows Explorer, for the whole computer) for one of the missing albums, or more generally, for the file extension for your file type.

(There are actually quite a few ways, but those two are quick and easy.)

Thanks for the reply. I should have been more clear that I already tried these methods.

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

I've successfully ripped a couple of hundred CDs and just started to experience a strange problem: the albums I rip now don't show up anywhere on my PC. In particular, they aren't in the music folder where they are supposed to be.
        Do you backup your PC?

Comment

• Darren72
          • Apr 2015

I do. Why?
          Just in case my original post wasn't clear, this problem of vanishing CDs just started. When I said that I've successfully ripped a few hundred CDs, I have the digital copies of these on my hard drive. It's just the last few (and any new ones that I try to rip) that don't end up on the hard drive.

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

I do. Why?
            Just in case my original post wasn't clear, this problem of vanishing CDs just started. When I said that I've successfully ripped a few hundred CDs, I have the digital copies of these on my hard drive. It's just the last few (and any new ones that I try to rip) that don't end up on the hard drive.
            So, to confirm, you are ripping to the Music folder, new rips are not there and all older rips, prior to this problem, still exist in the Music folder?

Comment

• mville
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by mville
              Do you backup your PC?

I do. Why?
              Just a precaution, as you mentioned strange problems with your PC and files are going missing. Best to be safe, rather than sorry.
              Last edited by mville; 04-27-2015, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• Darren72
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by mville
                So, to confirm, you are ripping to the Music folder, new rips are not there and all older rips, prior to this problem, still exist in the Music folder?
                Yes, exactly. And I didn't change anything in the CD Ripper settings.

Comment

• mville
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Dec 2008

Yes, exactly. And I didn't change anything in the CD Ripper settings.
                  Insert a CD and re-rip Track 1. Then select 'View Current Error & Information Logs' from the Options dropdown menu. Next, click the 'copy Info to clipboard' button and paste the info to this forum (this should contain the path info).

... also, how much remaining space is there on your hard disk?
                  Last edited by mville; 04-27-2015, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• Darren72
                    • Apr 2015

Below is the info log. There is no "Tom Petty" subfolder in "C:\Users\Darren and Beth\Music\Archive".
                    What does "IGNORE" at the end of the line mean?
                    There is over 400 GB left on the hard drive.
                    Thanks!

Information ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 1' to 'C:\Users\Darren and Beth\Music\Archive\Tom Petty\Songs and Music from 'She's the One'\01 Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - Walls (Circus).IGNORE'
                    Track 1: Ripped LBA 32 to 19930 (4:25) in 1:01. Filename: C:\Users\Darren and Beth\Music\Archive\Tom Petty\Songs and Music from 'She's the One'\01 Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - Walls (Circus).IGNORE
                    AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 100) [Pass 1]
                    CRC32: 440843FD AccurateRip CRC: B2F22F38 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 015-001efdb8-015764d6-b30c2e0f-1]
                    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 100 [CRCv2 b2f22f38]
                    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 152 [CRCv1 3174d691]
                    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 9 [CRCv2 a384fda9], Using Pressing Offset -1535
                    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 6 [CRCv1 10c3afd9], Using Pressing Offset -1535

Comment

• BrodyBoy
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Sep 2011

Below is the info log. There is no "Tom Petty" subfolder in "C:\Users\Darren and Beth\Music\Archive".
                      What does "IGNORE" at the end of the line mean?
                      It means that dBp is being denied write access to that location. I think I've seen others get this error when writing to a NAS or external drive. But from your description, and the path you just cited, it sounds like this is an internal drive. I think Spoon will need to let us know what conditions would cause denied access on a local drive.

Any chance you security software setup has changed recently?
                      Last edited by BrodyBoy; 04-29-2015, 01:30 AM.

Comment

• Darren72
                        • Apr 2015

Yes, this is an internal drive. The security software hasn't changed.

Comment

• Dat Ei
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Feb 2014

Do you use Windows Media Player?

Dat Ei

Comment

• AndersHu
                            • Apr 2008

No the '.IGNORE' means that dBpoweramp is ripping to a temporary file since you are using the Multi Encoder. These files will be delete after all encoder finishes.
                            When using the Multi Encoder you need to set Output Location for each encoder.

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

Until you get it working, try not using multi encoder, make sure files are being written. Then look at the file locations on the multi-encoder page, it has its own settings.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>