title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Can't change album art on Mac OS X

Can't change album art on Mac OS X

I am using the ripper for mac 1.2 beta 1 and most everything is working just fine! However, I am having problems with the album art. No matter what I change it to, whether from the internet or from a file on my computer it just defaults back to the first art that is automatically chosen. Essentially I am stuck using the defaulted art. Please, please fix this! Let me know if I can answer any questions. Thanks!

Administrator

Re: Can't change album art on Mac OS X

These are for already ripped files? or in CD Ripper?

Spoon, thanks for your quick reply. This is in the CD Ripper for a new CD I am checking the meta data and album art on before ripping.

Administrator

You are clicking '-' above the art to remove the existing? it is possible to have multiple arts in the same file.

These are the steps I have been taking. 1. I click above the art to remove the existing art (the art box is then blank). 2. I select art from file, brows to the file and select it. 3. When the art box is populated again the file size and dimensions are exactly the same as the image there before step one. If I then go to rip the CD at this point I get that first image as the Folder.jpg file. In this case I was trying to use a smaller sized image file. Thanks!

Super Moderator

Thanks for the bug report, we're investigating the issue.

It would be most useful if you could tell us what exact OSX version you're running and what CD you're trying to rip - anything special about it, does it contain any hidden or data tracks?

Update: R1.2 beta 5 is out
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...R1-2-beta-OS-X
    Attempted fixes for this bug are included. I've not been able to reproduce it locally so I cannot confirm whether it's gone now.
    Last edited by PeterP; 04-27-2015 at 10:00 AM. Reason: beta 5

Thanks!
    The version of OS X is 10.10.3. I have the OS fully updated.
    The CD I am trying to rip is What a Terrible World, What a Beautiful World by The Decemberists. I don't see any hidden data tracks or anything unique about this CD.
    One funny thing that is happens is that when I have the same problem when I try to add the Decemberists album art from a file on my computer to another CD it also adds the original art. The reason I know this is that the first "default" original Decemberists album art was 800px by 800px and 417kb. The file I am trying to use is 1000px by 1000px and 385kb. I add that 1000px image to a different CD and it just shows the 800px image. Hope that helps?
    I very much appreciate your help!

Here are some screen captures showing the file I select (size and dimensions) and how it looks once added.
    1.jpg2.jpg
    Last edited by v0rtex99; 04-27-2015 at 12:56 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

In the Windows version has an option where you can set the max album art size in pixel and in KB. What about your OSX version? I think the OSX verion will have this option too.

Dat Ei

Wink Re: Can't change album art on Mac OS X

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    In the Windows version has an option where you can set the max album art size in pixel and in KB. What about your OSX version? I think the OSX verion will have this option too.

Dat Ei
    You are exactly right!!!

I guess the max dimensions was set at 800px. After changing it to 1000px I was able to choose my album art file without a problem. I am so very sorry for taking everyone's time! But I am glad I was able to get it figured out.

Thanks again for all of your help. Having this awesome program working on my Mac computer had been really, really appreciated. I could finally sell the windows computer I kept mainly as my music ripping machine. Now all we need is the Tag Editor and we will be perfect.

Thanks again everyone!!!