title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

convert movies to mp4

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hektor
    • Apr 2015

convert movies to mp4

Is there a dBpower AMP program that converts an uploaded video (recorded off television - not copy guard protected) to mp4 so I can upload to my Kindle Fire?
    There are software programs like "Freemake" that my anti virus software says is dangerous. I have used dBpower AMP for many years with no problems.
    Thanks, John
  • BrodyBoy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2011

Re: convert movies to mp4

Originally posted by hektor
    Is there a dBpower AMP program that converts an uploaded video (recorded off television - not copy guard protected) to mp4 so I can upload to my Kindle Fire?
    There are software programs like "Freemake" that my anti virus software says is dangerous. I have used dBpower AMP for many years with no problems.
    Thanks, John
    dBpoweramp is an audio-only ripping/converting program. But there are tons of good, free video converters available online.

Comment

• hektor
      • Apr 2015

Can you recommend one that is known to be safe from virus problems?

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

You are better off asking this in the video converter forums, those guys will give you the answers you require.

Comment

• BrodyBoy
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Sep 2011

I have several, both free and paid, and they all do the job effectively. So rather than single one out for recommendation, I'd suggest a google search....something like "mp4 video converters"...and you'll gets lots of results where you can read reviews, discussions, and recommendations.

FYI: While viruses are always a concern, of course, a more common problem with free online software is getting a bunch of crapware riding along in the installer. There are a few precautions you can take that greatly reduce both risks. (1) Choose a program that's widely-used and recommended. (2) Download directly from the company/developer website, rather than one of those 3rd-party hosts. (3) Have your security or anti-virus program scan the downloaded file before you execute the installation. (4) Be very watchful, during installation, for opt-in/out language that tries to sneakily get your consent to install or "try" other, unwanted software.

Comment

• Dawemary
            • Jun 2017

There are many online apps can do the video conversion for you, such as zamzar, Acethinker Video Converter, mediaconverter, etc. They are totally free, and you don't have to download or install anything.

Comment

Working...

]]>