title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Pioneer BDR-208DBK Ripping Questions?

Unhappy Pioneer BDR-208DBK Ripping Questions?

Hello everyone,
    Before I start to rip my cds using dbpoweramp cd ripper, I want to configure my settings properly. Now I'm not sure if this goes in this thread/forum or not and if it doesn't please tell me where to put it. I also only want answers if you know you're right as I don't want to re-rip all my cds again. Ok so, does anyone know if this drive supports:
    C2 Error Pointers? If no I won't enable it and if yes should I enable it? I read online somewhere that it does support it but when I right click the "[ Technical ]" window it says "C2 Error Pointers: No" so I'm not quite sure what to believe.
    Read into lead-in lead-out? If no I won't enable it and if yes should I enable it?
    Also is there anything else that I should be aware of in the settings options? I don't care how long it takes as long as I only have to do it once.
    Also (again, I know) I have a TSSTCorp SH-222BB Would that maybe be better at ripping cds?

Thanks,
    Martin
    Last edited by martinmeasic; 04-19-2015 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Added another detail.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Pioneer BDR-208DBK Ripping Questions?

Hey Martin,

Quote Originally Posted by martinmeasic View Post
    I also only want answers if you know you're right as I don't want to re-rip all my cds again.
    as long as you get accurate rips it doesn't matter at all, how your drive is configured. An accurate rip is an accurate rip - you can't improve it's quality by re-ripping, because you already have a 1:1 copy.

Also (again, I know) I have a TSSTCorp SH-222BB Would that maybe be better at ripping cds?
    It's good to have more than drive, not from the dBpa point of view, but if you have a scratched disc. Different drives have different capabilities to handle those problematic discs. But in the end: if you have an accurate rip, it doesn't matter which drive has ripped this file.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I have a BDR-209EBK/UBK and dBp doesn't recognize most Pioneer drives firmware. Stick with the Samsung.

Hmm, thankyou for your reply! I ripped one cd using the Pioneer BDR-208DBK and it registered with accurate but one of the tracks displayed something like "Accurate or differs in samples __, __, __, __." Does this mean it's still ok?

Thank you for your reply too! What exactly do you mean? Does it mean it could be saying it has a feature but really doesn't or vice versa?

Administrator

You would have to post the message exactly as it appears.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You would have to post the message exactly as it appears.
    Oh how silly of me thanks for saying that. I feel pretty dumb now..

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Hey Martin,

as long as you get accurate rips it doesn't matter at all, how your drive is configured. An accurate rip is an accurate rip - you can't improve it's quality by re-ripping, because you already have a 1:1 copy.

It's good to have more than drive, not from the dBpa point of view, but if you have a scratched disc. Different drives have different capabilities to handle those problematic discs. But in the end: if you have an accurate rip, it doesn't matter which drive has ripped this file.

Dat Ei
    Hmm, thankyou for your reply! I ripped one cd using the Pioneer BDR-208DBK and it registered with accurate but one of the tracks displayed something like "Accurate or differs in samples __, __, __, __." Does this mean it's still ok?

Quote Originally Posted by thexfile View Post
    I have a BDR-209EBK/UBK and dBp doesn't recognize most Pioneer drives firmware. Stick with the Samsung.
    Thank you for your reply too! What exactly do you mean? Does it mean it could be saying it has a feature but really doesn't or vice versa?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Only Max speed is recognized with Pioneer drives. Your Samsung should list all it's different speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by thexfile View Post
    Only Max speed is recognized with Pioneer drives. Your Samsung should list all it's different speeds.
    But that shouldn't really interfere. I mean the speed wouldn't matter or would it?

dBpoweramp Guru

But that shouldn't really interfere. I mean the speed wouldn't matter or would it?
    Not really. In case of a scratched CD with read errors the drive should turn down the speed by itself.

Dat Ei