title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch conversions of WMA lossless to Flac - preserve tags

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrodyBoy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2011

Re: Batch conversions of WMA lossless to Flac - preserve tags

Originally posted by prpixel
    Should I be "embedding" artwork in every track?
    It's not necessary, but I do. That way, I know the album art will always be with the track, no matter where or how I use it.

Comment

• prpixel
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by BrodyBoy
      It's not necessary, but I do. That way, I know the album art will always be with the track, no matter where or how I use it.
      Is there an easy way to "embedd" the album art? Run a script and have them all done at once?

Spoke to DTS about Play-Fi and large libraries. Their app only has the ability to index up to 2560 items, max. No wonder it was crashing the app every time I tried to access my music. So sad.

Thanks again,

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by BrodyBoy
        Yes, I used to have disk space issues with large audio libraries and embedded hi-res artwork.

However, it is not so much of an issue with today's larger HDD's.

Comment

• mville
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2008

Is there an easy way to "embedd" the album art? Run a script and have them all done at once?
          You can use the MP3Tag action, Import cover from file, to do this.
          Last edited by mville; 04-20-2015, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• BrodyBoy
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by mville
            Yes, I used to have disk space issues with large audio libraries and embedded hi-res artwork.

However, it is not so much of an issue with today's larger HDD's.
            Yeah, I can see where that might be a space issue....it can also cause streaming lag if your images are too big. But I've never found any advantage to using cover art greater than ~500x500 resolution. Anything larger is pointless, since it would have to be downscaled for all my controller displays anyway (the largest of which are iPads and laptop screens). For me, though, resolution is secondary to image size, which I aim to keep around 200-400Kb. I've found that to be optimal for balancing quality, file size, and streaming efficiency.

Comment

• prpixel
              • Apr 2015

Slowly working my way through my library with Mp3tag. It's going to take quite some time.

thanks,

Comment

• BrodyBoy
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Sep 2011

Slowly working my way through my library with Mp3tag. It's going to take quite some time.

thanks,
                What are the principle changes you need to make? It can often be most efficient to load batches (say, up to about 500 files), sort by ALBUM, and then select each set of album files to do album-level edits (like adding ALBUM ARTIST, setting compilation flag, embedding image files, etc.). More "global-level" tasks like file renaming can be done in even bigger tranches.

If you have very specific tasks, it might be helpful to ask about them here. mp3tag is a very powerful program that offers lots of little tricks and macros and shortcuts that can make quick work of big library edits. The learning curve gets a bit steeper past the basic tasks, but there are plenty of experienced users here who might be able to help you streamline your work and save some time.

Comment

Working...

]]>