title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: multi encoder file structures

Unhappy multi encoder file structures

Probably seen as a newbie problem..... and someone will probably point me to an existing thread that I haven't been able to find... but

I'm trying to rip a FLAC library at the same time as an mp3 library (the reason for me paying for the reference version). I'm ripping to a network NAS drive and have the drive mapped (NAS/Music). Setting up the ripper to multi-encode I have FLAC set to Original Folder under encoder settings, which rips perfectly, creating a file structure within the mapped drive of (NAS/Music/Artist/Album/track 1 etc). The second encoder (mp3) if I check Original Folder under settings, I get both FLAC and mp3 files in the same folder so (NAS/Music/Artist/Album/track 1 FLAC, track 1 mp3, track 2 FLAC, track 2 mp3 etc) If under encoder settings I check Folder, and map it to a specific folder on the NAS Drive (NAS/mp3) then I get the file structure (NAS/mp3/track 1, track 2, track 3 etc) order alphabetically by track name. If I also enable dynamic and have as a structure Album Artist, Album name, Track title, then I still get exactly the same file structure (all tracks from all albums lumped together) but with the naming meaning that at least they can be sorted according to the artist.

Any advice welcomed before I resort to manually manipulating the files for every CD I rip..

Administrator

Re: multi encoder file structures

When you enable dynamic, it still uses the folder path above it, so specify 2 different paths, one for mp3 and one for flac. You can also copy the naming string from CD ripper into multi encoder.

dBpoweramp Guru

Welcome, southlander. Where do you want the mp3 files to go....

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    When you enable dynamic, it still uses the folder path above it, so specify 2 different paths, one for mp3 and one for flac. You can also copy the naming string from CD ripper into multi encoder.
    Thanks! This helped me, a newbie.

Ed