title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Regarding Adding the Year - Example 2015, 1980

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrcd
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Feb 2012

Regarding Adding the Year - Example 2015, 1980

Is there a way to allow a reissue date and the original date of a CD to exist together such as 2015, 1980 in the year section of CD Ripper?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Regarding Adding the Year - Example 2015, 1980

No, year is designed to hold one value only.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by mrcd
      Is there a way to allow a reissue date and the original date of a CD to exist together such as 2015, 1980 in the year section of CD Ripper?
      When ripping to flac, I use Year for the original recording release date and manually add a tag called Release Date for the CD release date. So, in your case I'd set:

Year to 1980
      Release Date to 2015

I came to this decision purely because iTunes uses Year and Release Date. When I convert my flacs to mp3, iTunes picks up both dates.

Comment

• RoyalEF
        • Apr 2015

YEAR is per song (and I set the year of release on each song in a Greatest Hits compilation).
        If there were unreleased tracks or new tracks, I leave them with the CD's actual release year. With some of the new cool releases like the 2CD Cherry Pop CD re-issues, I would consider putting that info in the Label field. "Cherry Pop Records re-issue CRPOPD 54 (2010)"

I'm not sure how common "Release Date" is. dBpoweramp doesn't list it.

Comment

• mville
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by RoyalEF
          I'm not sure how common "Release Date" is. dBpoweramp doesn't list it.
          It isn't common. It's just that I want 2 dates, original recording release date and the CD release date. As mentioned previously, I chose 'Release Date' because iTunes uses it.

Comment

Working...

]]>