title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Insecure tracks automatically securing themselves!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PepperT
    • Mar 2015

Insecure tracks automatically securing themselves!

I've been using CD Ripper off and on for a few years, but in the last few months I've come across this strange problem a few times; I'll rip a CD and get secure rips with a good confidence level on all but one, (maybe two), tracks. Usually this is a case of remove the CD, a quick bit of spit-and-polish and re-rip the failed track and Bob's your Uncle. Just recently however I've taken out the CD, given it a clean up and then put it back into the PC only to find that when the track listing populates the screen it also shows a good confidence level rip for the track it had told me was faulty. Usually I re-rip that track anyway just to be sure, but does anyone have any idea why this might be? If it helps, it seems to be track 1 more often than any other track.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Insecure tracks automatically securing themselves!

Enable the secure log, so you can be sure what was said about that track (compare before and after, especially AccurateRip CRCs).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• PepperT
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Spoon
      Enable the secure log, so you can be sure what was said about that track (compare before and after, especially AccurateRip CRCs).
      Just looking at the log of one I ripped this morning and I see that according to that it did rip correctly the first time, even though I got a pop-up saying that one track, (track 10 in this case), was insecure. I'll try and screen grab next time it occurs.

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by PepperT
        Just looking at the log of one I ripped this morning and I see that according to that it did rip correctly the first time, even though I got a pop-up saying that one track, (track 10 in this case), was insecure. I'll try and screen grab next time it occurs.
        hmmm, the popups don't show anything that is not also written to the ripping log. Do you have your ripping log set to "complete" in secure ripping options?

Comment

• PepperT
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by garym
          Do you have your ripping log set to "complete" in secure ripping options?
          Just "simple" right now.

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by PepperT
            Just "simple" right now.
            I'd change to complete just so you always have ALL the log info saved. It's not that long to do complete vs simple.

Comment

• PepperT
              • Mar 2015

Just had it happen again, but at least I think I can see the problem now;
              Track 1 errored whilst it was ripping, and produced an error dialog at the end of ripping the whole CD. When I look closely at the dialog I see that in fact it was having trouble writing to my NAS. (I now suspect it is just some latency as the NAS drive first spins up from sleep, which explains why I frequently saw it erroring on Track 1).
              However, when I insert the CD again I get a clean line of ticks and the log file, (attached), shows no errors.
              NB. I am using multi-encoder and I see that the log file is stored with my local rip and is clean, but there is no corresponding log file stored with the NAS's copy and hence that is perhaps why there are no reported errors on re-insertion??
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	292894 Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	292895 Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.JPG
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	292896 Massive Attack - Mezzanine.txt

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

yes, it is clear that your rips are OK, but the error message you're getting is because it can't WRITE the file to your NAS. In my own case, I rip to my local C:\ drive, and after a ripping session (and I've made sure that I don't need to tweak any tags, etc.), I then move all the new rips over to my network server with my "permanent" music library.

Comment

Working...

]]>