title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 42 of 42

Thread: Ripping for SONOS

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    21

    Re: Ripping for SONOS

    I keep trying to post a response, but get the message that a moderator has to approve it. I have posted 3 times, but no moderator approval as of yet, I guess.

    I also keep getting the message that my post failed and I need to reload the page. BUT, reloading the page does not make any difference.

    Any suggestions?
    Richard

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    21

    Re: Ripping for SONOS

    Yes, I did read this set up info, but I also read in the Advanced section that the settings with C2 un-ticked should be 3 Min; 6 Max; 2 End. vs. the 2;4;2
    Is one setting preferable? If you or Spoon care to comment, I would appreciate it. I would like to have the appropriate settings since I am ripping so many CDs.
    Thank you, Richard

  3. #33
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,246

    Re: Ripping for SONOS

    Quote Originally Posted by ROrser View Post
    I keep trying to post a response, but get the message that a moderator has to approve it. I have posted 3 times, but no moderator approval as of yet, I guess.

    I also keep getting the message that my post failed and I need to reload the page. BUT, reloading the page does not make any difference.

    Any suggestions?
    Richard
    odd, First, the post above obviously made it (as I'm responding to you). But otherwise, posts here don't typically require moderator approval. Does this post you're trying to make have a link or picture attachment?

  4. #34
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,246

    Re: Ripping for SONOS

    Quote Originally Posted by ROrser View Post
    Yes, I did read this set up info, but I also read in the Advanced section that the settings with C2 un-ticked should be 3 Min; 6 Max; 2 End. vs. the 2;4;2
    Is one setting preferable? If you or Spoon care to comment, I would appreciate it. I would like to have the appropriate settings since I am ripping so many CDs.
    Thank you, Richard
    hard to say as both the examples come from Spoon himself. Certainly the 3/6/2 is more conservative than the 2/4/2 so 3/6/2 can't hurt anything.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    21

    Re: Ripping for SONOS

    Key info for ultrasecure setup:

    If your drive does not support C2 pointers, set as Minimum Ultra Passes: 2 Maximum Ultra Passes: 4 End After Clean Passes: 2


    Yes, I did read this, but I also read in the Advanced section that the settings with C2 u-nticked should be 3 Min; 6 Max; 2 End. vs. the 2;4;2
    Is one setting preferable? If you or Spoon care to comment, I would appreciate it. I would like to have the appropriate settings since I am ripping so many CDs.
    Thank you, Richard

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    21

    Re: Ripping for SONOS

    No, no link or picture attachment.

  7. #37
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,246

    Re: Ripping for SONOS

    OK. Well it seems that your posts are showing up now anyhow.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    21

    Re: Ripping for SONOS

    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    select all songs in the album, right click, choose EDIT ID TAG, then in the popup change the name of the Album (or the artist) or any other tag edits.
    Well, I tried selecting all the .flac files in the Chris Spheeris and Paul Voudouris IN THE MUSIC FOLDER ON MY NAS.
    I chose EDIT TAG and changed the Artist Name to just Chris Spheeris, as I want all his stuff to show up in one place.
    I refreshed the Sonos system, but the album did NOT show up under Chris Spheeris only under both their names.
    Did I miss something?

  9. #39
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,246

    Re: Ripping for SONOS

    Quote Originally Posted by ROrser View Post
    Well, I tried selecting all the .flac files in the Chris Spheeris and Paul Voudouris IN THE MUSIC FOLDER ON MY NAS.
    I chose EDIT TAG and changed the Artist Name to just Chris Spheeris, as I want all his stuff to show up in one place.
    I refreshed the Sonos system, but the album did NOT show up under Chris Spheeris only under both their names.
    Did I miss something?
    First, when you changed, did you also change ALBUM ARTIST? And did you SAVE after making the changes. Also, you can open these files in mp3tag (yes it does FLAC). Right click and choose extended tags. What other tags are there. ALBUM ARTIST, ARTISTSORT, ALBUMARTISTSORT, etc.? This might give you some hints Install from here:

    http://download.mp3tag.de/mp3tagv269setup.exe

  10. #40
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    754

    Re: Ripping for SONOS

    Sonos organizes the artist view by ALBUM ARTIST, so that's the tag you need to use when manipulating for appearance and navigation.

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    21

    Re: Ripping for SONOS

    Ahhh! ALBUM Artist. That's the trick. Egad, I thought that meant artist for the album art.
    Thanks, guys.
    Richard

  12. #42
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    754

    Re: Ripping for SONOS

    Glad you got it working.

    As a long-time Sonos user, I remember how it can be a pain figuring out some of its tricks and quirks early on, but once you get it, it's a great setup for using your digital music library. Enjoy!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •