title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping for SONOS

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ROrser
    • Mar 2015

Re: Ripping for SONOS

I keep trying to post a response, but get the message that a moderator has to approve it. I have posted 3 times, but no moderator approval as of yet, I guess.

I also keep getting the message that my post failed and I need to reload the page. BUT, reloading the page does not make any difference.

Any suggestions?
    Richard

Comment

• ROrser
      • Mar 2015

Yes, I did read this set up info, but I also read in the Advanced section that the settings with C2 un-ticked should be 3 Min; 6 Max; 2 End. vs. the 2;4;2
      Is one setting preferable? If you or Spoon care to comment, I would appreciate it. I would like to have the appropriate settings since I am ripping so many CDs.
      Thank you, Richard

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ROrser
        I keep trying to post a response, but get the message that a moderator has to approve it. I have posted 3 times, but no moderator approval as of yet, I guess.

I also keep getting the message that my post failed and I need to reload the page. BUT, reloading the page does not make any difference.

Any suggestions?
        Richard
        odd, First, the post above obviously made it (as I'm responding to you). But otherwise, posts here don't typically require moderator approval. Does this post you're trying to make have a link or picture attachment?

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Yes, I did read this set up info, but I also read in the Advanced section that the settings with C2 un-ticked should be 3 Min; 6 Max; 2 End. vs. the 2;4;2
          Is one setting preferable? If you or Spoon care to comment, I would appreciate it. I would like to have the appropriate settings since I am ripping so many CDs.
          Thank you, Richard
          hard to say as both the examples come from Spoon himself. Certainly the 3/6/2 is more conservative than the 2/4/2 so 3/6/2 can't hurt anything.

Comment

• ROrser
            • Mar 2015

Key info for ultrasecure setup:

If your drive does not support C2 pointers, set as Minimum Ultra Passes: 2 Maximum Ultra Passes: 4 End After Clean Passes: 2

Yes, I did read this, but I also read in the Advanced section that the settings with C2 u-nticked should be 3 Min; 6 Max; 2 End. vs. the 2;4;2
            Thank you, Richard

Comment

• ROrser
              • Mar 2015

No, no link or picture attachment.

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

OK. Well it seems that your posts are showing up now anyhow.

Comment

• ROrser
                  • Mar 2015

Originally posted by garym
                  select all songs in the album, right click, choose EDIT ID TAG, then in the popup change the name of the Album (or the artist) or any other tag edits.
                  Well, I tried selecting all the .flac files in the Chris Spheeris and Paul Voudouris IN THE MUSIC FOLDER ON MY NAS.
                  I chose EDIT TAG and changed the Artist Name to just Chris Spheeris, as I want all his stuff to show up in one place.
                  I refreshed the Sonos system, but the album did NOT show up under Chris Spheeris only under both their names.
                  Did I miss something?

Comment

• garym
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Nov 2007

Well, I tried selecting all the .flac files in the Chris Spheeris and Paul Voudouris IN THE MUSIC FOLDER ON MY NAS.
                    I chose EDIT TAG and changed the Artist Name to just Chris Spheeris, as I want all his stuff to show up in one place.
                    I refreshed the Sonos system, but the album did NOT show up under Chris Spheeris only under both their names.
                    Did I miss something?
                    First, when you changed, did you also change ALBUM ARTIST? And did you SAVE after making the changes. Also, you can open these files in mp3tag (yes it does FLAC). Right click and choose extended tags. What other tags are there. ALBUM ARTIST, ARTISTSORT, ALBUMARTISTSORT, etc.? This might give you some hints Install from here:

Comment

• BrodyBoy
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Sep 2011

Sonos organizes the artist view by ALBUM ARTIST, so that's the tag you need to use when manipulating for appearance and navigation.

Comment

• ROrser
                        • Mar 2015

Ahhh! ALBUM Artist. That's the trick. Egad, I thought that meant artist for the album art.
                        Thanks, guys.
                        Richard

Comment

• BrodyBoy
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Sep 2011

Glad you got it working.

As a long-time Sonos user, I remember how it can be a pain figuring out some of its tricks and quirks early on, but once you get it, it's a great setup for using your digital music library. Enjoy!

Comment

Working...

]]>