title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Corrupt cover art jpeg

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • McLion
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2012

Re: Corrupt cover art jpeg

OK, thanks garym

I read through some stuff on the web. When I go back to v2.3 I will see mainly the follwoing:
    • Mood (Style in dbP) will be dropped
    • Only TPE1 TCOM TEXT TOLY TOPE can contain multiple entries, seperated by a semicolon instead of a NULL-char
    • If the player software is capale of reading multiple entries, I'll still have this functionality (at least) for the mentioned fields

Is there a way to automagically convert all v2.4 tags to v2.3 (and maybe remove v1.1) for the whole collection without touching the audio?

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by McLion
      OK, thanks garym

I read through some stuff on the web. When I go back to v2.3 I will see mainly the follwoing:
      • Mood (Style in dbP) will be dropped
      • Only TPE1 TCOM TEXT TOLY TOPE can contain multiple entries, seperated by a semicolon instead of a NULL-char
      • If the player software is capale of reading multiple entries, I'll still have this functionality (at least) for the mentioned fields

Is there a way to automagically convert all v2.4 tags to v2.3 (and maybe remove v1.1) for the whole collection without touching the audio?
      I'm not 100% sure this will work with mp3tag (because I have no 2.4 files to test) but I suspect it will. load up a few files and test this approach (it will for sure remove the Id3v1 tags).

1. install mp3tag from here

2. right click on the column headings bar, choose customize column. Then in the popup, select new. In the new column box, enter NAME = Tag Type and VALUE = %_tag_read%[ (%_tag%)]
      Leave field and sort by empty. Save this, then make sure tag type is ticked on the left so that it shows as a column. This column will show you the tag being read and the other tags in file, e.g.,
      ID3v2.3 (ID3v2.3 ID3v1.1)

3. go into mp3tag > tools > options > tags > mpeg and set your options to the following:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	CropperCapture[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	292893

4. load up files you want to batch convert into mp3tag, select them all, then hit the SAVE icon (first icon at left of menu bar). Then hit the RED X icon (to the right of SAVE icon). It will ask you if you want to remove the tags. Say OK. If it works you'll still see all your metadata but now the tags will be only ID3v2.3. If it doesn't work (the metadata disappears in the mp3tag columns), then simply hit the "undo" button to the right of the red X.

If mp3tag won't work, another option is foobar2000. But first try the above (you can simply copy a few files to a new location and test on those first). Once it works, you can load up 1000s of files and do the above and all done. I did this a few years ago to remove all the unnecessary ID3v1 tags.

Comment

• McLion
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Apr 2012

Thanks. I'll try this.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

dBpoweramp can also convert 2.4 to 2.3, in the codec advanced settings switch back to 2.3, then visit codec central (above) and install the utility codec 'id tag update' use batch converter, select your music folder, filter to mp3 (if have other types), and convert, set the encoder as 'id tag update', click convert.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
            dBpoweramp can also convert 2.4 to 2.3, in the codec advanced settings switch back to 2.3, then visit codec central (above) and install the utility codec 'id tag update' use batch converter, select your music folder, filter to mp3 (if have other types), and convert, set the encoder as 'id tag update', click convert.
            aha. Even better option! (does this also remove any existing ID3v1 tag?)

Comment

• McLion
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Apr 2012

Great!
              I have already downloaded mp3tag but I will try the conversion with dbP first.
              Thank you guys!

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Yes will remove v1 tag.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>