title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: batch rip with Sony VGP-XL1B won't rip all tracks on cd, Windows 7 64 bit

batch rip with Sony VGP-XL1B won't rip all tracks on cd, Windows 7 64 bit

Hi,
    Lenovo laptop T410, 8gb memory. Sony VGP-XL1B NOS, looks unused. Using batch ripper downloaded 3/22/2015, professional, paid for it. Installed Media Changer, no entry in process manager for "removal storage service". From the start all seemed to be ok, Load and Eject work fine. But I cannot get the Sony to rip all the tracks on most cd's. No matter if home burned or commercial purchase. On most cd's, the last few tracks will have a size of a few kb. stats show 100% compression for these tracks. The problem tracks will not play in CD Ripper. Rip format change has no effect, mp3, wav, flac, results are all the same. The last good ripped track will be complete, the next track will be 100% bad. Burst mode or secure, same results. I can trick the Sony by hand loading the disc into the caddy, turn it off, then back on. The Sony will spin up the disc, and then I can play it in Media Monkey or WMP. But then when I try to rip the result is the same as above. Using this trick method, I have tried to use CD Ripper instead of Batch Ripper, result is the same. Always the same number of bad or good tracks on repeated effort to rip cd.

Update, using the trick load method, WMP and Media Monkey can rip the entire cd. Batch Ripper and CD Ripper cannot, and I cannot play the last tracks on the cd with CD Ripper. Tried legacy firewire driver but no change. This very much seems to be a Dbpoweramp problem.
    Please help!
    Thanks.

Administrator

Re: batch rip with Sony VGP-XL1B won't rip all tracks on cd, Windows 7 64 bit

Enable AccurateRip and rip a popular CD 'by hand' in CD Ripper so you can watch everything, the problem tracks are verified by AccurateRip?

Re: batch rip with Sony VGP-XL1B won't rip all tracks on cd, Windows 7 64 bit

Hello Spoon, the first thing that helped to have straighten out was to check Read into Lead-in or Lead-out. Then ripping to laptop local hard drive instead of to a NAS drive over wireless. My 5 GHz wireless signal is 4/5 bars, very good. But when I changed destination to local hard drive this seems to have straightened out the problem. Now I am using secure, query ripping results with accuraterip, cross pressing verification and send finger prints. All seems good. Thanks.