title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Free CD ripper halted?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stnoash
    • Mar 2015

Free CD ripper halted?

I just ripped about 100 Cd's & my free version of CD ripper has begun "waiting for metadata" indefinitely. I have re-started the programme & re-started the pc to no avail. Is there a limit to how many CD's I can rip within the free 21 days? If it is that simple I will have to buy the reference version, but it doesn't say so.
    My knowledge is very limited, I see others mention uninstalling & re-installing, but I don't expect I can do that with free version.

Help!
  • schmidj
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2013

Re: Free CD ripper halted?

I've had issues with the Musicbrainz metadata server recently on several random occasions, very long (a minute or more) response. Right click on Metadata down arrow (next to Metadata tab) and deselect Musicbrainz. See if that solves the issue. If you right click while the program is waiting for metadata, you probably have to close dBPoweramp and restart it.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

There should be no limit in the program.

dBpoweramp is Windows or Mac?
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Stnoash
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by schmidj
        I've had issues with the Musicbrainz metadata server recently on several random occasions, very long (a minute or more) response. Right click on Metadata down arrow (next to Metadata tab) and deselect Musicbrainz. See if that solves the issue. If you right click while the program is waiting for metadata, you probably have to close dBPoweramp and restart it.
        Thanks Mate, I understand & see what you want me to do. Somehow though it s all working as normal again this morning so I am pressing on with the remaining 800+ Cd's in my remaining 17 days or so. Very tying, tedious even, but I am already enjoying the benefits if my new Hi-Fi server so hopefully I will get the job done with your help if it crashes again. Thanks !

Comment

• Dat Ei
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Stnoash
          ...so I am pressing on with the remaining 800+ Cd's in my remaining 17 days or so.
          What keeps you from buying the product and paying the developers for their hard work?

Dat Ei

Comment

• Stnoash
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Spoon
            There should be no limit in the program.

dBpoweramp is Windows or Mac?
            I use my windows7 i5 laptop & somehow DBpoweramp is running again this morning, so I am pressing on while the going is good. 800+ Cd's to rip in 17 days...., Thanks.

Comment

• Stnoash
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Dat Ei
              What keeps you from buying the product and paying the developers for their hard work?

Dat Ei
              Nothing at all, it isn't even expensive. However when a manufacturer offers a free trial of a product then that is what they expect you to do in order to encourage you to buy it after you have seen how well it performs.

Comment

• Dat Ei
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Feb 2014

Music isn't for free. Software isn't for free. Life isn't for free. This is a generous offer for evaluation, not for production. To ask for support additionally, although you never wanted to buy the product at all, isn't a fair behaviour at all. Maybe Spoon should think about a CD limitation within the trial period.

Just my two cents

Dat EI

Comment

• mikekaye1
                  • Mar 2015

You can test drive a car for a few miles -- not for 800 miles.
                  You are taking unfair advantage of a good situation and appear to be ethically challenged.

Comment

Working...

]]>